Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3600 Views]
- 10 amazing birds that have gone extinct [1172 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for continuing to slaughter whales? [1160 Views]
- POLL: Should the trade in both raw and antique ivory be banned? [1115 Views]
- POLL: Should India’s export of tiger skin, parts and bones be stopped? [1072 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [970 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of exotic animal skins for fashion be banned? [945 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife crime be enforced by tougher legislation? [760 Views]
- POLL: Should the Eurasian Lynx be rewilded? [746 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect red squirrels? [738 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42025 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16753 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13871 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13808 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11112 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [10815 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8596 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8303 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8037 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7392 Views]