Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [8979 Views]
- Poll: Do you agree that shooting pheasants is good for the countryside? » [817 Views]
- Recently rediscovered hummingbird faces extinction » [746 Views]
- POLL: Should spring hunting on Malta be stopped? » [642 Views]
- POLL: Should fishermen in Peru be allowed to continue slaughtering dolphins? Shocking Video! » [487 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [413 Views]
- Poll: Should the mass-killing of starlings with pesticides be allowed? » [374 Views]
- POLL: Should the kill quota on cougars be increased in New Mexico? » [338 Views]
- Conservationists turn tiny New Zealand island into bold wildlife experiment » [333 Views]
- Amazing: Tiny Birds Fly Without Landing for Three Days » [331 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11592 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10678 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4124 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3696 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3667 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [3552 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [2983 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2957 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2888 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2686 Views]