Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Ray Barlow's passion for capturing birds and wildlife began at the Manila Zoo in 2004. Since then he has established himself as a professional bird and wildlife photographer. Ray is based near to Toronto Canada and hosts photography travel tours and workshops around the world. He goes to places like Yellowstone, Tanzania, Costa Rica, India, and British Columbia. Action photography including animals in chase or birds such as hummingbirds in flight is Ray's specialty. Now being sponsored by Jobu Design gimbal Heads.
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- » POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8085 Views]
- » Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6106 Views]
- » Wild Tigers of India – in Battle! [3850 Views]
- » POLL: Is it time to close our zoos? [3268 Views]
- » POLL: Should orcas and dolphins be kept in captivity? [1971 Views]
- Animals Rule Chernobyl 30 Years After Nuclear Disaster – [1263 Views]
- Master of the Sky: Owl versus Wolf – [1205 Views]
- More Bald Eagles Have Died Mysteriously – [1096 Views]
- POLL: Should the lynx be rewilded in the UK? – [1053 Views]
- POLL: Should ‘canned’ lion hunting be banned? – [1052 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [15265 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14291 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [9906 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8091 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [7793 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [6724 Views]
- » Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6133 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5893 Views]
- » POLL: Should ‘canned’ lion hunting be banned? [5681 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? | [5394 Views]