Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Saudi authorities sound warning on illegal hunting in rented farms [1499 Views]
- POLL: Should fox-hunting laws be strictly enforced? [1329 Views]
- POLL: Should the bear bile trade ban be strictly enforced? [1068 Views]
- POLL: Should the harvesting of wild turtles be banned? [925 Views]
- POLL: Should this Canadian pipeline project be scrapped to save killer whales? [894 Views]
- Elephant refugees flee to last stronghold in Africa [826 Views]
- The man saving 30,000 seabirds [797 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [785 Views]
- 7 stunning forest birds we could soon lose forever [777 Views]
- 14 Incredible photos of African predators in action [757 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41943 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16665 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14025 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13461 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11096 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8673 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8482 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8289 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8021 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7321 Views]