Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [779 Views]
- Shot Egyptian vulture leads conservationists to bizarre black-market for bird parts » [601 Views]
- Cuckoos’ shameless egg-laying tactics revealed » [458 Views]
- Japan kills 30 minke whales in first hunt since UN court order » [441 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [428 Views]
- Albatross Internet Darling Takes First Flight » [366 Views]
- Elachuridae: Ornithologists Describe New Family of Passerine Birds » [349 Views]
- Threatened Species ‘Red List’ Warns 90 Percent of Lemur Species Face Extinction » [315 Views]
- Video: Polar Bear Cam Provides Unique View into Arctic Life » [314 Views]
- Video: Horseshoe Crabs Mate in Annual Beach “Orgy” » [311 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33741 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27993 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [12169 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12096 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [9855 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7861 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6998 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5526 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5269 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5096 Views]