Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- 13 newly-discovered birds declared extinct » [748 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [735 Views]
- Iceland’s Seabird Colonies Are Vanishing, With “Massive” Chick Deaths » [545 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [480 Views]
- The 1,300 Bird Species Facing Extinction Signal Threats to Human Health » [407 Views]
- Russia Stops Japanese Whaling Ship Dead In Its Tracks » [377 Views]
- Beavers are mysteriously back in Britain – but not entirely welcome! » [345 Views]
- Barn owls ‘threatened’ by new legislation » [338 Views]
- Petition: Russia, Stop Wild Orca Captures! » [312 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [311 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [16223 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12259 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7930 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7480 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7015 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5638 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [5530 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5203 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4675 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4397 Views]