Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
2 of the worlds most amazing natural wonders, the Peregrine Falcon, and Niagara Falls in one place!
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [3835 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? » [2723 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of black bears in Wisconsin be stopped? » [2444 Views]
- POLL: Should the Spanish bullfighting tradition be banned? » [1995 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect the red squirrel? » [1501 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1415 Views]
- POLL: Should there be an international agreement to protect the arctic? » [1414 Views]
- After 60 million years of extreme living, seabirds are crashing » [1318 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [1315 Views]
- POLL: Should “Drive Hunt” Slaughter of Wildlife be Banned? » [1270 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14042 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11283 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8348 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8012 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [6844 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [5336 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? » [5226 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4755 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4309 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [3875 Views]