Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
Leave a Comment
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Israel leads the way using Barn Owls and Kestrels to replace Rodenticides » [1598 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [764 Views]
- Drone Captures Stunning Birds’-eye Video of Dolphin Superpod » [713 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [621 Views]
- How a River Otter Can Bag an Alligator for Lunch » [603 Views]
- POLL: Should the US ban the import and export of tiger bone wine? » [601 Views]
- HELP migrating birds WIN the “Race for Conservation” today » [462 Views]
- New York Backtracks on Plans to Eradicate Mute Swans » [428 Views]
- Feathers fly in Norwegian wild bird reality-TV show » [411 Views]
- Finnish reindeer sprayed with glow-in-the-dark liquid to prevent accidents » [408 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33543 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27229 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [11838 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [11329 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7884 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7644 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6973 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5226 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5139 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [4862 Views]