Nature’s Wonders, by Raymond J Barlow
Photographers from around Ontario and New York State have been enjoying the beauty and speed of this incredible Peregrine falcon family. They have nested and been successful with 4 fledglings now being trained for life in the real world.
Every morning, you will find these birds at play, soaring the skies, with mock attacks on each other. The adults are busy scouting out their next meal. With thousands of nesting ring-billed gulls in the gorge, there is plenty of food, and easy pickings.
A view to a kill.
As easy as it may seem to snatch baby gulls from the nests, these adults are wise ones. They will often hunt and catch in the air to show the young how to survive. Regular air to air drops are made so the young can coordinate the flying catch. the training for life is ongoing.
Well, we all know “birds in flight photography” can be difficult enough, so the skills need to make a good shot of these speedsters are extensive. Tracking a peregrine at high speeds can be the ultimate challenge. Lots of practice, and tenacity will help you capture the fine images, so we will take some time to explain all that in the next article.
Thanks for looking!
(please feel free to click on the images for a larger view)
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Peregrine Photographers at the Falls!
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- » [2554 Views]
- PETITION: Stop the massive slaughter of migratory birds in Egypt! » [1821 Views]
- POLL: Should canned hunting in Arizona be banned? » [1711 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [1213 Views]
- If You Care About Birds, Watch This 4-Minute Video » [1174 Views]
- » [1105 Views]
- » [1096 Views]
- » [952 Views]
- 6 Reasons You Should Be Drinking “Bird-Friendly” Coffee » [881 Views]
- » [823 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [32409 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [25897 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [11381 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [9682 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [6682 Views]
- POLL: Should the trial cull of badgers go ahead? » [4362 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4321 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [4248 Views]
- Cyclist Has Amazing Encounter with a Mountain Lion in Los Angeles » [3843 Views]
- Egypt is the Worst Place to Be a Migratory Bird – Shocking Video » [3578 Views]