In spite of their natural aversion to water, the lions of the Okavango must quickly learn to adapt to their flooded environment.
Okavango Delta, Botswana.
Nikon D3s. Nikon 200-400 mm.
ISO 800. f 6.7 @ 1/2000sec.
© Dana Allen with Mombo Camp and Journeys Unforgettable Photographic Safaris
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- 13 newly-discovered birds declared extinct » [744 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [692 Views]
- Iceland’s Seabird Colonies Are Vanishing, With “Massive” Chick Deaths » [533 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [476 Views]
- The 1,300 Bird Species Facing Extinction Signal Threats to Human Health » [353 Views]
- Beavers are mysteriously back in Britain – but not entirely welcome! » [344 Views]
- Russia Stops Japanese Whaling Ship Dead In Its Tracks » [334 Views]
- Giant penguin fossil shows bird was taller than most humans » [322 Views]
- Petition: Russia, Stop Wild Orca Captures! » [308 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [297 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [20196 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12258 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7929 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7500 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7013 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5637 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [5544 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5203 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4659 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4388 Views]