This week’s competition includes 20 award-winning wildlife images from all over the world. Please spend a couple of minutes to help us rank the photos and pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Our aim is to identify the best photos – not the photographer with the most friends! So please don’t solicit votes on Facebook – if complaints are received, your entry might be disqualified! (see conditions of entry below).
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Blue-tailed Bee-eaters by Angad Achappa (45%, 37 Votes)
- Say’s Phoebe by Don Getty (45%, 37 Votes)
- Below the Stars by Rick Lieder (30%, 25 Votes)
- Hairy Caterpillar by Jill Wussow (26%, 21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chameleon by Stephen Daly (18%, 15 Votes)
- Lunch time! by Paul Marto (13%, 11 Votes)
- Flamants roses by André Boussard (12%, 10 Votes)
- Komodo Dragon by Adam Riley (11%, 9 Votes)
- Green Heron by Herman Veenendaal (9%, 7 Votes)
- Capped Wheatear by Mike Barth (9%, 7 Votes)
- Pine Marten by Ewan Miles (9%, 7 Votes)
- Melrose Dipper by Ron McCombe (7%, 6 Votes)
- Little Blue Heron by Maria Firpi (6%, 5 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (6%, 5 Votes)
- Whiskered Tern by Marc Guyt (5%, 4 Votes)
- Black-tufted Marmoset by Jefferson Silva (4%, 3 Votes)
- Beach Master and Harem by Peter Tait (4%, 3 Votes)
- Southern Cassowary by Neil Hewett (2%, 2 Votes)
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Pat O’Donnell (1%, 1 Votes)
- House Sparrow Female by Larry Jordan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries on Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41330 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [10218 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [6890 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [4835 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy and big game hunting be banned? [4702 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of pilot whales in the Faroes be stopped? [4323 Views]
- POLL: Should Spain’s “Running of the Bulls” festival be banned? [4313 Views]
- POLL: Should animals be kept in zoos and circuses? [2846 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of animals by Wildlife Services be stopped? [2122 Views]
- POLL: Should the UK halt its failed badger cull policy? [1962 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41316 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [15267 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? [14353 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [12379 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [9971 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [7665 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [6886 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? [6796 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6136 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [6108 Views]