This week’s competition includes 20 award-winning wildlife images from all over the world. Please spend a couple of minutes to help us rank the photos and pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Our aim is to identify the best photos – not the photographer with the most friends! So please don’t solicit votes on Facebook – if complaints are received, your entry might be disqualified! (see conditions of entry below).
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Blue-tailed Bee-eaters by Angad Achappa (17%, 37 Votes)
- Say’s Phoebe by Don Getty (17%, 37 Votes)
- Below the Stars by Rick Lieder (12%, 25 Votes)
- Hairy Caterpillar by Jill Wussow (10%, 21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chameleon by Stephen Daly (7%, 15 Votes)
- Lunch time! by Paul Marto (5%, 11 Votes)
- Flamants roses by André Boussard (5%, 10 Votes)
- Komodo Dragon by Adam Riley (4%, 9 Votes)
- Green Heron by Herman Veenendaal (3%, 7 Votes)
- Capped Wheatear by Mike Barth (3%, 7 Votes)
- Pine Marten by Ewan Miles (3%, 7 Votes)
- Melrose Dipper by Ron McCombe (3%, 6 Votes)
- Little Blue Heron by Maria Firpi (2%, 5 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (2%, 5 Votes)
- Whiskered Tern by Marc Guyt (2%, 4 Votes)
- Black-tufted Marmoset by Jefferson Silva (1%, 3 Votes)
- Beach Master and Harem by Peter Tait (1%, 3 Votes)
- Southern Cassowary by Neil Hewett (1%, 2 Votes)
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Pat O’Donnell (0%, 1 Votes)
- House Sparrow Female by Larry Jordan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries on Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the MOTV trophy hunting channel be closed down? [1723 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of lions be banned? [1601 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a tough crack down on the killing of raptors? [1258 Views]
- POLL: Should captivity for all killer whales be banned? [1224 Views]
- POLL: Should the keeping of dolphins in captivity be banned? [1197 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy hunting be banned? [1161 Views]
- POLL: Should elephants be kept in captivity? [1120 Views]
- POLL: Should the pangolin slaughter in Africa be banned? [883 Views]
- Karma? Another Trophy Hunter Has Been Killed by an Elephant [859 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [720 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16951 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9182 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [2289 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s “research whaling” program be closed down? [2150 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [2081 Views]