This week’s competition includes 20 award-winning wildlife images from all over the world. Please spend a couple of minutes to help us rank the photos and pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Our aim is to identify the best photos – not the photographer with the most friends! So please don’t solicit votes on Facebook – if complaints are received, your entry might be disqualified! (see conditions of entry below).
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Blue-tailed Bee-eaters by Angad Achappa (45%, 37 Votes)
- Say’s Phoebe by Don Getty (45%, 37 Votes)
- Below the Stars by Rick Lieder (30%, 25 Votes)
- Hairy Caterpillar by Jill Wussow (26%, 21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chameleon by Stephen Daly (18%, 15 Votes)
- Lunch time! by Paul Marto (13%, 11 Votes)
- Flamants roses by André Boussard (12%, 10 Votes)
- Komodo Dragon by Adam Riley (11%, 9 Votes)
- Green Heron by Herman Veenendaal (9%, 7 Votes)
- Capped Wheatear by Mike Barth (9%, 7 Votes)
- Pine Marten by Ewan Miles (9%, 7 Votes)
- Melrose Dipper by Ron McCombe (7%, 6 Votes)
- Little Blue Heron by Maria Firpi (6%, 5 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (6%, 5 Votes)
- Whiskered Tern by Marc Guyt (5%, 4 Votes)
- Black-tufted Marmoset by Jefferson Silva (4%, 3 Votes)
- Beach Master and Harem by Peter Tait (4%, 3 Votes)
- Southern Cassowary by Neil Hewett (2%, 2 Votes)
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Pat O’Donnell (1%, 1 Votes)
- House Sparrow Female by Larry Jordan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries on Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Finland’s 235 wolves be culled? [1635 Views]
- POLL: Should the Wildlife Trust’s campaign to slaughter grey squirrels be stopped? [1591 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [1467 Views]
- POLL: Is big game hunting important for African economies? [1458 Views]
- POLL: Should more bear hunting licenses be issued? [1148 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [1083 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump disband USDA Wildlife “Killing” Services? [998 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral cats be culled? [817 Views]
- POLL: Could U.S. endangered species rules go extinct under Trump? [723 Views]
- POLL: Should the Woolly Mammoth be resurrected through genetic engineering? [723 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42051 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16794 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13848 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [11896 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11117 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8611 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8309 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8136 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8048 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7414 Views]