This week’s competition includes 20 award-winning wildlife images from all over the world. Please spend a couple of minutes to help us rank the photos and pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Our aim is to identify the best photos – not the photographer with the most friends! So please don’t solicit votes on Facebook – if complaints are received, your entry might be disqualified! (see conditions of entry below).
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Blue-tailed Bee-eaters by Angad Achappa (45%, 37 Votes)
- Say’s Phoebe by Don Getty (45%, 37 Votes)
- Below the Stars by Rick Lieder (30%, 25 Votes)
- Hairy Caterpillar by Jill Wussow (26%, 21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chameleon by Stephen Daly (18%, 15 Votes)
- Lunch time! by Paul Marto (13%, 11 Votes)
- Flamants roses by André Boussard (12%, 10 Votes)
- Komodo Dragon by Adam Riley (11%, 9 Votes)
- Green Heron by Herman Veenendaal (9%, 7 Votes)
- Capped Wheatear by Mike Barth (9%, 7 Votes)
- Pine Marten by Ewan Miles (9%, 7 Votes)
- Melrose Dipper by Ron McCombe (7%, 6 Votes)
- Little Blue Heron by Maria Firpi (6%, 5 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (6%, 5 Votes)
- Whiskered Tern by Marc Guyt (5%, 4 Votes)
- Black-tufted Marmoset by Jefferson Silva (4%, 3 Votes)
- Beach Master and Harem by Peter Tait (4%, 3 Votes)
- Southern Cassowary by Neil Hewett (2%, 2 Votes)
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Pat O’Donnell (1%, 1 Votes)
- House Sparrow Female by Larry Jordan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries on Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Saudi authorities sound warning on illegal hunting in rented farms [1499 Views]
- POLL: Should fox-hunting laws be strictly enforced? [1329 Views]
- POLL: Should the bear bile trade ban be strictly enforced? [1068 Views]
- POLL: Should the harvesting of wild turtles be banned? [925 Views]
- POLL: Should this Canadian pipeline project be scrapped to save killer whales? [894 Views]
- Elephant refugees flee to last stronghold in Africa [826 Views]
- The man saving 30,000 seabirds [797 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [785 Views]
- 7 stunning forest birds we could soon lose forever [777 Views]
- 14 Incredible photos of African predators in action [757 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41943 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16665 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14025 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13461 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11096 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8673 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8482 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8289 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8021 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7321 Views]