This week’s competition includes 20 award-winning wildlife images from all over the world. Please spend a couple of minutes to help us rank the photos and pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Our aim is to identify the best photos – not the photographer with the most friends! So please don’t solicit votes on Facebook – if complaints are received, your entry might be disqualified! (see conditions of entry below).
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Blue-tailed Bee-eaters by Angad Achappa (45%, 37 Votes)
- Say’s Phoebe by Don Getty (45%, 37 Votes)
- Below the Stars by Rick Lieder (30%, 25 Votes)
- Hairy Caterpillar by Jill Wussow (26%, 21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chameleon by Stephen Daly (18%, 15 Votes)
- Lunch time! by Paul Marto (13%, 11 Votes)
- Flamants roses by André Boussard (12%, 10 Votes)
- Komodo Dragon by Adam Riley (11%, 9 Votes)
- Green Heron by Herman Veenendaal (9%, 7 Votes)
- Capped Wheatear by Mike Barth (9%, 7 Votes)
- Pine Marten by Ewan Miles (9%, 7 Votes)
- Melrose Dipper by Ron McCombe (7%, 6 Votes)
- Little Blue Heron by Maria Firpi (6%, 5 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (6%, 5 Votes)
- Whiskered Tern by Marc Guyt (5%, 4 Votes)
- Black-tufted Marmoset by Jefferson Silva (4%, 3 Votes)
- Beach Master and Harem by Peter Tait (4%, 3 Votes)
- Southern Cassowary by Neil Hewett (2%, 2 Votes)
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird by Pat O’Donnell (1%, 1 Votes)
- House Sparrow Female by Larry Jordan (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries on Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [3855 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? » [2817 Views]
- POLL: Should the Spanish bullfighting tradition be banned? » [2181 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of black bears in Wisconsin be stopped? » [1538 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect the red squirrel? » [1515 Views]
- POLL: Should there be an international agreement to protect the arctic? » [1428 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1419 Views]
- After 60 million years of extreme living, seabirds are crashing » [1384 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [1313 Views]
- POLL: Should “Drive Hunt” Slaughter of Wildlife be Banned? » [1308 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14068 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11285 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8376 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8020 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5920 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [5406 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4770 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4335 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? » [4087 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [3936 Views]