This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [771 Views]
- Shot Egyptian vulture leads conservationists to bizarre black-market for bird parts » [604 Views]
- Cuckoos’ shameless egg-laying tactics revealed » [459 Views]
- Japan kills 30 minke whales in first hunt since UN court order » [441 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [431 Views]
- Albatross Internet Darling Takes First Flight » [367 Views]
- Elachuridae: Ornithologists Describe New Family of Passerine Birds » [349 Views]
- Software can decode bird songs » [330 Views]
- Video: Polar Bear Cam Provides Unique View into Arctic Life » [314 Views]
- Video: Horseshoe Crabs Mate in Annual Beach “Orgy” » [311 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33744 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27999 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [12160 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12097 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [9863 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7865 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6999 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5529 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5270 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5098 Views]