This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [3861 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? » [2809 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of black bears in Wisconsin be stopped? » [2450 Views]
- POLL: Should the Spanish bullfighting tradition be banned? » [2111 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect the red squirrel? » [1511 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1425 Views]
- POLL: Should there be an international agreement to protect the arctic? » [1424 Views]
- After 60 million years of extreme living, seabirds are crashing » [1370 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [1315 Views]
- POLL: Should “Drive Hunt” Slaughter of Wildlife be Banned? » [1298 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14064 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11285 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8374 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8019 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [6059 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [5388 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4761 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4320 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? » [4146 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [3935 Views]