This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [8513 Views]
- Tiger family photo surprises scientists » [1006 Views]
- POLL: Should the kill quota on cougars be increased in New Mexico? » [803 Views]
- Poll: Do you agree that shooting pheasants is good for the countryside? » [792 Views]
- Poll: Should UK towns and cities be allowed to clip seagulls’ wings? » [719 Views]
- Extreme birdwatching: Twitching in war zones » [668 Views]
- POLL: Should spring hunting on Malta be stopped? » [492 Views]
- Rembrandt’s monkey: good news for Africa’s newest primate » [481 Views]
- Newly discovered Brazilian bird may number fewer than 10 individuals » [383 Views]
- Thousands of geese fall from Idaho sky in likely avian cholera outbreak » [372 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11120 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10678 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4142 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3679 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3667 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [3443 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [2976 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2941 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2876 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2683 Views]