This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Poll: Should badger culls be continued in the UK? » [909 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [904 Views]
- Fishermen get crafty to circumvent shark fin ban » [674 Views]
- Weasel photographed riding on a woodpecker’s back » [673 Views]
- Viral Video: Stealthy Octopus Leaps From Water and Attacks Crab » [593 Views]
- After a cruel attack, an injured toucan will get its beak back, thanks to 3D printing » [487 Views]
- Blue-Bearded Helmetcrest Rediscovered in Colombia, Photographed for First Time » [484 Views]
- Owl attacks prompt Dutch town to arm itself with umbrellas » [467 Views]
- Appeal to all birders and wildlife enthusiasts: add your name to the list in solidarity » [452 Views]
- Poll: Should koalas be culled in overpopulated areas to prevent starvation? » [442 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10680 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4230 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3773 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [3574 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3547 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2926 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [2886 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2820 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [2647 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2645 Views]