This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
South American Tern
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [4315 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s “research whaling” program be closed down? [1956 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [1383 Views]
- POLL: Should buzzards be killed to protect pheasants? [1356 Views]
- POLL: Should Norway’s plan to cull its wolves be abandoned? [1241 Views]
- Rare desert lions of ‘five musketeers’ fame poisoned [1241 Views]
- The biologist terrifying the US Forest Service, timber and forest fire-fighting industries [1191 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s killing of dolphins and whales be stopped? [957 Views]
- POLL: Should the badger cull in the UK be extended? [903 Views]
- POLL: Should microplastics be banned in cosmetics? [834 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41861 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16576 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14686 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13389 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11073 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [10031 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8407 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8271 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8065 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8005 Views]