This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
South American Tern
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should buzzards be killed to protect pheasants? [1552 Views]
- POLL: Should Norway’s plan to cull its wolves be abandoned? [1263 Views]
- POLL: Should Namibia’s cape fur seal trade be banned? [910 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [822 Views]
- POLL: Should moose be added to the endangered species list? [809 Views]
- New Zealand kea, the world’s only alpine parrot, faces extinction [655 Views]
- Video: Great White Shark breaks into diver’s cage [639 Views]
- Humanity driving ‘unprecedented’ marine extinction [621 Views]
- China accused of defying its own ban on breeding tigers to profit from body parts [567 Views]
- POLL: Should all countries worldwide ban the trade in elephant ivory? [436 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41884 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16601 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14040 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13402 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11085 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8424 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8281 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8247 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8012 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7279 Views]