This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [9225 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [5993 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on South Africa’s horn trade be lifted? » [3469 Views]
- POLL: Should whaling by Iceland and Norway be banned? » [2853 Views]
- POLL: Should New Zealand fur seals be culled in South Australia? » [1347 Views]
- The most beautiful crocodile photos we’ve ever seen » [1153 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1140 Views]
- Crow Tries to Fight Eagle, Gets Free Ride Instead » [936 Views]
- Saving the dhole: The forgotten ‘badass’ Asian dog more endangered than tigers » [880 Views]
- Six fishy reasons why humans should steer well clear of the sea » [827 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10733 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [10466 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [9214 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7741 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [7301 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4560 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [4508 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4030 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on South Africa’s horn trade be lifted? » [3470 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [3295 Views]