This week we have a shortlist, which includes 15 winning wildlife photos from Canada, North and South America, the UK, Saudi Arabia and Stewart Island. Hope you enjoy the selection and good luck with the choosing.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
South American Tern
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Atlantic Puffins" by Nancy Elwood (66%, 46 Votes)
- "Greater Roadrunner" by Jim Braswell (37%, 26 Votes)
- "Peregrine Falcon" by Raymond Barlow (30%, 21 Votes)
- "The Puffins of Lunga" by Cain Scrimgeour (26%, 18 Votes)
- "Ash-throated Flycatcher" by Larry Jordan (17%, 12 Votes)
- "Two molls bicker" by Rick Lieder (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Rose-breasted Grosbeak" by Glenn Bartley (11%, 8 Votes)
- "South American Tern" by Jefferson Silva (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Northern Waterthrush" by Nina Stavlund (10%, 7 Votes)
- "Great Spotted Woodpecker" by Ron McCombe (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Yellow-throated Vireo Fledgling" by Jill Wussow (9%, 6 Votes)
- "Bluebird Broods" by Carol Duke (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Cattle Egret" by Stephen Daly (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Greater Sand Plover" by Jem Babbington (6%, 4 Votes)
- "Kukupa Kereru" by Peter Tait (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 70
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Alberta coyote hunting contest be stopped? – [3834 Views]
- » POLL: Should “pay to slay” auctions be banned? [2773 Views]
- » POLL: Should the use of animals in circuses be stopped? [2453 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf be delisted in more American states? – [2355 Views]
- » POLL: Should the wolf cull in Finland be stopped? [2149 Views]
- POLL: Should the trapping of bobcats and beavers be banned? – [1521 Views]
- POLL: Should the National Wildlife Crime Unit be properly funded by the British Government? – [1427 Views]
- » POLL: Should the wolf cull in Ontario be stopped? [905 Views]
- POLL: Should Yahoo be sanctioned for aiding the slaughter of elephants? – [885 Views]
- POLL: Should the ivory trade in South Africa be legalized? – [879 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14291 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11211 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [9906 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8239 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8108 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [6724 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5978 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? | [5394 Views]
- POLL: Should whales and dolphins be kept in captivity for our entertainment? » [5278 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf cull in Ontario be stopped? – [4649 Views]