During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [773 Views]
- Shot Egyptian vulture leads conservationists to bizarre black-market for bird parts » [601 Views]
- Cuckoos’ shameless egg-laying tactics revealed » [458 Views]
- Japan kills 30 minke whales in first hunt since UN court order » [441 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [428 Views]
- Albatross Internet Darling Takes First Flight » [366 Views]
- Elachuridae: Ornithologists Describe New Family of Passerine Birds » [349 Views]
- Threatened Species ‘Red List’ Warns 90 Percent of Lemur Species Face Extinction » [315 Views]
- Video: Polar Bear Cam Provides Unique View into Arctic Life » [314 Views]
- Video: Horseshoe Crabs Mate in Annual Beach “Orgy” » [311 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33741 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27993 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [12168 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12096 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [9855 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7860 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6998 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5524 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5269 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5096 Views]