During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week 2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor. 3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster. 4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection. 5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Poll: Should animals be trophy hunted to support conservation? » [716 Views]
- Poll: Should wolves be slaughtered to save caribou? » [444 Views]
- Video: Camera traps capture rare footage of wild bonobos » [433 Views]
- Video: Can We Stop Millions of Birds From Crashing Into Windows? » [426 Views]
- Video: Christmas Island’s Incredible Red Crab Migration » [384 Views]
- Video: Panda Playing in Snow Goes Viral » [376 Views]
- Awe-inspiring images of birds by Ofer Levy » [375 Views]
- Video: Gamekeeper jailed in Scotland for killing bird of prey » [360 Views]
- How Killer Fungus Burns Up Bats From the Inside » [341 Views]
- Rare Shark That Inspired Sea Monster Myths Is Caught » [338 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10695 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7994 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4713 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4472 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4023 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3406 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [3086 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [2935 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2913 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2810 Views]