During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Bison return to Germany after 300 year absence » Focusing on Wildlife [327 Views]
- Billions of cicadas to invade US east coast after 17 years underground » Focusing on Wildlife [303 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » Focusing on Wildlife [286 Views]
- Beautiful striped bat is the “find of a lifetime” (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [267 Views]
- Best Photo of the Week Competition 18 May 2013 » Focusing on Wildlife [239 Views]
- New insect discovered in Brazil, only third known in its bizarre family (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [235 Views]
- Amur leopard population rises to 50 animals, but at risk from tigers, poachers » Focusing on Wildlife [219 Views]
- World’s rarest duck on the rebound in Madagascar » Focusing on Wildlife [168 Views]
- Orange County (California) Birds of Prey » Focusing on Wildlife [154 Views]
- Saviours or villains: controversy erupts as New Zealand plans to drop poison over Critically Endangered frog habitat » Focusing on Wildlife [137 Views]
Explore These Popular Posts From Last Year
- Shocking Amur Falcon Massacre in Nagaland » [1830 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [1657 Views]
- Orange County (California) Birds of Prey » [1222 Views]
- Please promote our logo for wildlife conservation » [1206 Views]
- NATURE “Magic of the Snowy Owl” – Preview – PBS » [1041 Views]
- Insects » [1004 Views]
- Gorillas Win vs. Poachers » [959 Views]
- Wildlife Slaughter in South Dakota » [585 Views]
- Interview with Steve Mills, Award Winning Photographer » [511 Views]
- The Golden Eagle in Scotland – As climatic changes take hold, what future awaits these iconic raptors in the 21st Century? » [504 Views]