During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (20%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (18%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (14%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (10%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (6%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (6%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (5%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (5%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (3%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (3%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (3%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (3%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (2%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (1%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (1%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week 2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor. 3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster. 4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection. 5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [3481 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? – [2015 Views]
- POLL: Should Nevada’s wild horses be protected from roundups and slaughter? – [1800 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of young elephants to Chinese zoos be banned? – [1491 Views]
- POLL: Should the Grand Canyon Bison be culled? – [1316 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a total ban on trade in rhino horn? – [1262 Views]
- POLL: Should trail (fox) hunting on National Trust land be stopped? – [1169 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on the shark fin trade? – [1010 Views]
- POLL: Would you support the reintroduction of the wolf in the UK? – [789 Views]
- Radioactive Boar Wreak Havoc on Swedish Landscape – [767 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7626 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [7215 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [3692 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3037 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [2289 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [2081 Views]