During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Leave a Comment
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [6725 Views]
- POLL: Should animals be trophy hunted to support conservation? » [1525 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [1269 Views]
- Lemmings fuel biggest snowy-owl migration in 50 years » [676 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual slaughter of migrating birds be allowed to continue? » [664 Views]
- Petition: Stop the illegal killing of birds in Southern Europe » [660 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [654 Views]
- Israel sets an example in the protection of migrating birds » [550 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming in Finland be banned? » [481 Views]
- Appeal to all birders: add your name to the list in solidarity » [469 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33394 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [26882 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [11745 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [11245 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7570 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6924 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [6726 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5205 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4991 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [4747 Views]