During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week 2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor. 3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster. 4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection. 5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the export of elephants to China be banned? [2014 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers be allowed to continue? [1376 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of Borneo’s pygmy elephants be stopped? [1102 Views]
- New year, new birds: 10 newly-recognised species [1047 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [966 Views]
- This man has just broken the record for most bird species seen in a year [893 Views]
- New Estimate: There are Over 18,000 Bird Species on Earth [726 Views]
- POLL: Should the Hawksbill turtle trade be closed down? [716 Views]
- POLL: Should orca entertainment shows be universally banned? [715 Views]
- Kissing cows are to blame for bovine TB – so stop this bloody badger cull [695 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41997 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16721 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13917 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13716 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11108 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9959 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8544 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8295 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8033 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7356 Views]