During the last week our authors and photographers have excelled themselves by posting articles richly illustrated with outstanding images. Our competition is called “Best Photo of the Week”.
You may wish to click on the images to enlarge them to get the full effect. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Gannet Courtship by Ron McCombe (56%, 31 Votes)
- Flying Bee-eater by Rob Belterman (51%, 28 Votes)
- Cinnamon Hummingbird by Glenn Bartley (38%, 21 Votes)
- Freezing Time by Rick Lieder (29%, 16 Votes)
- Chestnut-headed Tanager by Jefferson Silva (16%, 9 Votes)
- Collared Owlet by Raymond Barlow (16%, 9 Votes)
- Chestnut-Mandibled Toucan by Don Getty (13%, 7 Votes)
- Marsh Wren by Nina Stavlund (13%, 7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Becard by Pat O'Donnell (9%, 5 Votes)
- Northern Gannet in Flight by Cain Scrimgeour (9%, 5 Votes)
- Vittata Pied Wheatear by Marc Guyt (7%, 4 Votes)
- Black-Bellied Plover by Mia McPherson (7%, 4 Votes)
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Steven Scott (5%, 3 Votes)
- Killdeer by Larry Jordan (4%, 2 Votes)
- Green Vervet Monkey by Rachel Ann French (4%, 2 Votes)
- Brown Pelican by Nic Slocum (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week 2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor. 3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster. 4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection. 5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [6813 Views]
- Poll: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [1997 Views]
- Angry hippo flings newborn calf into the air » [1183 Views]
- Recently rediscovered hummingbird faces extinction » [1099 Views]
- Video: Mother Owl Takes On Snake – and Wins » [1076 Views]
- Poll: Should Rhinos be Hunted to Support Conservation » [889 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [881 Views]
- Thought-to-be-extinct ‘halloween’ frog rediscovered in Costa Rica » [792 Views]
- The triumph of the bison: Europe’s biggest animal bounces back a century after vanishing » [730 Views]
- A third of Europe’s birds under threat, says most comprehensive study yet » [702 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11831 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10680 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7041 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4034 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3818 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3728 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [3520 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [3006 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2967 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2704 Views]