This week we have 17 outstanding wildlife photos from all over the world for you to choose from. Whether you prefer birds, butterflies, insects or mammals, we’re confident you’ll pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Cleaning house" by Fabiola Forns (33%, 24 Votes)
- "String Theory" by Rick Lieder (26%, 19 Votes)
- "Sharp-Tailed Grass Tyrant" by Jefferson Silva (25%, 18 Votes)
- "Raccoon up a tree" by Julie Feinstein (24%, 17 Votes)
- "Eurasian Merlin" by Rahul Sachdev (19%, 14 Votes)
- "Common Blue" by Cain Scrimgeour (15%, 11 Votes)
- "Giant Swallowtail" by Carol Duke (15%, 11 Votes)
- "Superb Fairy Wren" by John Andrew Wright (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Lilac-breasted Roller" by Raymond Barlow (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Atlantic Grey Seal" by Ron McCombe (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Upland Sandpiper" by Nina Stavlund (11%, 8 Votes)
- "Virginia Ctenuchid" by Steven Scott (8%, 6 Votes)
- "Hummingbirds of Baja" by John Spencer (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Indian Reef Heron" by Jem Babbington (4%, 3 Votes)
- "Red Crowned Parakeet" by Peter Tait (1%, 1 Votes)
- "Spotted Deer Grazing" by Abhishek Majumder (1%, 1 Votes)
- "Sulphur-rumped Flycatcher" by Pat O’Donnell (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 72
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Vote soliciting for individual entries through Facebook is not allowed
6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [2281 Views]
- 13 newly-discovered birds declared extinct » [608 Views]
- Shooters set their sights on UK’s last remaining ruddy ducks » [586 Views]
- 87 new bird species considered threatened with extinction » [549 Views]
- Monkeys use field scientists as human shields against predators » [424 Views]
- Over a million pangolins slaughtered in the last decade » [377 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [341 Views]
- Hundreds of thousands of birds accidentally poisoned every year » [332 Views]
- POLL: RSPB picks a fight over grouse shooting » [332 Views]
- POLL: Should Barred Owls be Shot to Save Spotted Owls? » [326 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [28200 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12183 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [11598 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7917 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7908 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7006 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5610 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5156 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4612 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4062 Views]