This week we have 17 outstanding wildlife photos from all over the world for you to choose from. Whether you prefer birds, butterflies, insects or mammals, we’re confident you’ll pick out the winners.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- "Cleaning house" by Fabiola Forns (33%, 24 Votes)
- "String Theory" by Rick Lieder (26%, 19 Votes)
- "Sharp-Tailed Grass Tyrant" by Jefferson Silva (25%, 18 Votes)
- "Raccoon up a tree" by Julie Feinstein (24%, 17 Votes)
- "Eurasian Merlin" by Rahul Sachdev (19%, 14 Votes)
- "Common Blue" by Cain Scrimgeour (15%, 11 Votes)
- "Giant Swallowtail" by Carol Duke (15%, 11 Votes)
- "Superb Fairy Wren" by John Andrew Wright (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Lilac-breasted Roller" by Raymond Barlow (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Atlantic Grey Seal" by Ron McCombe (14%, 10 Votes)
- "Upland Sandpiper" by Nina Stavlund (11%, 8 Votes)
- "Virginia Ctenuchid" by Steven Scott (8%, 6 Votes)
- "Hummingbirds of Baja" by John Spencer (7%, 5 Votes)
- "Indian Reef Heron" by Jem Babbington (4%, 3 Votes)
- "Red Crowned Parakeet" by Peter Tait (1%, 1 Votes)
- "Spotted Deer Grazing" by Abhishek Majumder (1%, 1 Votes)
- "Sulphur-rumped Flycatcher" by Pat O’Donnell (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 72
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week 2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor. 3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster. 4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection. 5) Vote soliciting for individual entries through Facebook is not allowed 6) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [3369 Views]
- Tiger family photo surprises scientists » [953 Views]
- Poll: Do you agree that shooting pheasants is good for the countryside? » [783 Views]
- POLL: Should the kill quota on cougars be increased in New Mexico? » [778 Views]
- Poll: Should UK towns and cities be allowed to clip seagulls’ wings? » [719 Views]
- Extreme birdwatching: Twitching in war zones » [664 Views]
- Blue-Bearded Helmetcrest Rediscovered in Colombia, Photographed for First Time » [524 Views]
- POLL: Should spring hunting on Malta be stopped? » [465 Views]
- Rembrandt’s monkey: good news for Africa’s newest primate » [457 Views]
- Newly discovered Brazilian bird may number fewer than 10 individuals » [381 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10680 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [5972 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4157 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3659 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3644 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [3454 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [2965 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2939 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2875 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2682 Views]