Part 6/6 of my month down in Costa Rica leading a few photography workshops.
We had some really nice opportunities throughout the tours and many wonderful images were made.
Costa Rica is one of those countries that is just so pleasant to visit. Overall I would say that both trips were a huge success.
Everyone came away with lots of nice images, new techniques and a few new friends. What more can you ask for on a photo vacation?
After the trips were over I stayed on for a few days to go shooting with my friend Greg Basco. Greg helped me lead the second tour and we are going to be leading another trip together next year. We wanted to go scouting for some new locations and found a fantastic spot up in the dry northwest part of the country.
The lodge has some real gems hanging about like the Turquoise-browed Motmot, Cinnamon Hummingbird and at night a pair of Black and White Owls. Add in a trip or two to a nearby river and this area is going to be a great addition to next years trip!
If you are interested in seeing more images from this trip check out the feature photo gallery on www.glennbartley.com.
If you think you might like to join me in Costa Rica next year be sure to send me an email as soon as possible.
All the best!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Glenn Bartley is a professional nature photographer who specializes in photographing birds in their natural habitat. He currently resides in Victoria, British Columbia on Canada’s West Coast. Glen runs instructional photo workshops throughout the year to exciting destinations around the world. Upcoming trips include Vancouver Island, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Churchill Manitoba and Peru. He focuses on birds because there are so many species, they can be found almost anywhere, they are challenging to photograph and beautiful to watch.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2340 Views]
- POLL: Should South Africa’s canned hunting industry be banned? [1897 Views]
- POLL: Should Mozambique’s wildlife park be funded by trophy hunting? [1394 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of elephants for “entertainment” be banned? [1289 Views]
- POLL: Should Asia’s elephant tourism be banned? [1059 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of wild animals in circuses be banned? [959 Views]
- Bald Eagle Adopts Baby Hawk Instead of Eating Him [911 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife-killing “cyanide bombs” be banned? [897 Views]
- POLL: Should Yellowstone Grizzlies be removed from the Endangered List? [863 Views]
- POLL: Should the owning of exotic pets be banned? [745 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16900 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11093 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [10063 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8692 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8232 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4714 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [4081 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3775 Views]
- POLL: Should the coyote continue to be exterminated? [3450 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2808 Views]