Part 6/6 of my month down in Costa Rica leading a few photography workshops.
We had some really nice opportunities throughout the tours and many wonderful images were made.
Costa Rica is one of those countries that is just so pleasant to visit. Overall I would say that both trips were a huge success.
Everyone came away with lots of nice images, new techniques and a few new friends. What more can you ask for on a photo vacation?
After the trips were over I stayed on for a few days to go shooting with my friend Greg Basco. Greg helped me lead the second tour and we are going to be leading another trip together next year. We wanted to go scouting for some new locations and found a fantastic spot up in the dry northwest part of the country.
The lodge has some real gems hanging about like the Turquoise-browed Motmot, Cinnamon Hummingbird and at night a pair of Black and White Owls. Add in a trip or two to a nearby river and this area is going to be a great addition to next years trip!
If you are interested in seeing more images from this trip check out the feature photo gallery on www.glennbartley.com.
If you think you might like to join me in Costa Rica next year be sure to send me an email as soon as possible.
All the best!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Glenn Bartley is a professional nature photographer who specializes in photographing birds in their natural habitat. He currently resides in Victoria, British Columbia on Canada’s West Coast. Glen runs instructional photo workshops throughout the year to exciting destinations around the world. Upcoming trips include Vancouver Island, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Churchill Manitoba and Peru. He focuses on birds because there are so many species, they can be found almost anywhere, they are challenging to photograph and beautiful to watch.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2436 Views]
- Trophy Hunter Gets Eaten by Crocodiles [1894 Views]
- Scientists Discover Rare and Endangered Cat in Borneo [974 Views]
- POLL: Should the inter-breeding of lions and tigers be banned? [884 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [839 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for exceeding its bluefin tuna quota? [838 Views]
- POLL: Should the illegal wildlife trade in slow lorises be stopped? [838 Views]
- Rare footage helps explain what Narwhals use their tusks for [793 Views]
- 10 of the Most Endangered Species on Earth [731 Views]
- POLL: Should the giraffe be listed as an endangered species? [727 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42085 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16868 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [12273 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [12117 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11135 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8655 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8291 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8074 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7437 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy and big game hunting be banned? [5383 Views]