Part 6/6 of my month down in Costa Rica leading a few photography workshops.
We had some really nice opportunities throughout the tours and many wonderful images were made.
Costa Rica is one of those countries that is just so pleasant to visit. Overall I would say that both trips were a huge success.
Everyone came away with lots of nice images, new techniques and a few new friends. What more can you ask for on a photo vacation?
After the trips were over I stayed on for a few days to go shooting with my friend Greg Basco. Greg helped me lead the second tour and we are going to be leading another trip together next year. We wanted to go scouting for some new locations and found a fantastic spot up in the dry northwest part of the country.
The lodge has some real gems hanging about like the Turquoise-browed Motmot, Cinnamon Hummingbird and at night a pair of Black and White Owls. Add in a trip or two to a nearby river and this area is going to be a great addition to next years trip!
If you are interested in seeing more images from this trip check out the feature photo gallery on www.glennbartley.com.
If you think you might like to join me in Costa Rica next year be sure to send me an email as soon as possible.
All the best!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Glenn Bartley is a professional nature photographer who specializes in photographing birds in their natural habitat. He currently resides in Victoria, British Columbia on Canada’s West Coast. Glen runs instructional photo workshops throughout the year to exciting destinations around the world. Upcoming trips include Vancouver Island, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Churchill Manitoba and Peru. He focuses on birds because there are so many species, they can be found almost anywhere, they are challenging to photograph and beautiful to watch.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [10329 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8273 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [7526 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4406 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [3835 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of snares be banned in the UK? [2485 Views]
- POLL: Should the coyote continue to be exterminated? [2438 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of animals by Wildlife Services be stopped? [1591 Views]
- POLL: Should spear hunting of bears be banned? [1487 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [1287 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41797 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [15267 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [12494 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [10347 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [9992 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8271 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [7790 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [7613 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7009 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? [6838 Views]