My second tour complete, so naturally, lots of editing waiting on the hard drives. Both of the 2013 tours were very successful, wonderful guests, amazing nature to see and photograph. This most recent trip was exceptional as we were able to stand in a farmers field and watch Quetzals with their nest. A tree line that follows a valley through the mountains has a beautiful pair of Resplendent Quetzals on eggs. We stood by watching patiently for the adults to maneuver in and out of the nest.
The birds were very accommodating, as the farmers below were always busy in the fields below, so constant human presence was evident. Witnessing this spectacle proved to be a really interesting and fantastic opportunity. Working with my guests was a gratifying experience also, as they were new to bird photography, and the questions, and interactions kept me very busy.
Working with natural light for all of our imaging is always challenging, and rewarding. I spend a lot of time helping people understand the beauty of light, and how to work with nature, backgrounds, and camera settings to capture what we see in a beautiful, and artistic manner. The birds are not disturbed by our presence, as they carry on with their business. It takes a lot of thought, and energy, shooting at very low shutter speed to make this work.
I recently upgraded to a D800 camera body, in connection to my faithful 200-400 lens, I have found this combination of equipment to work extremely well, with some amazing results. Such details! 36 mega pixels – 30-32 megabyte files, and superb colour rendition!
Recently finishing another tour to Africa, I hope to bring some interesting images and stories to you from that tour which took place in Tanzania, this past January 2013.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Karma Strikes Again: Trophy Hunter Killed by Elephant [1113 Views]
- Rare footage helps explain what Narwhals use their tusks for [1045 Views]
- POLL: Should the Grizzly Bear be removed from the Endangered Species List? [1005 Views]
- POLL: Should all circuses with wild animals be closed down? [955 Views]
- ‘Kill them, kill them, kill them’: the volunteer army plotting to wipe out Britain’s grey squirrels [808 Views]
- 10 of the Most Endangered Species on Earth [798 Views]
- $10,000 reward offered to find killer of famous Yellowstone white wolf [694 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [669 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump be allowed to destroy the Endangered Species Act [644 Views]
- Elephants Can’t Wait to Meet New Rescued Baby at Sanctuary [614 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42098 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16884 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [12092 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11134 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8670 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8256 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8075 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7443 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy and big game hunting be banned? [5416 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4675 Views]