My second tour complete, so naturally, lots of editing waiting on the hard drives. Both of the 2013 tours were very successful, wonderful guests, amazing nature to see and photograph. This most recent trip was exceptional as we were able to stand in a farmers field and watch Quetzals with their nest. A tree line that follows a valley through the mountains has a beautiful pair of Resplendent Quetzals on eggs. We stood by watching patiently for the adults to maneuver in and out of the nest.
The birds were very accommodating, as the farmers below were always busy in the fields below, so constant human presence was evident. Witnessing this spectacle proved to be a really interesting and fantastic opportunity. Working with my guests was a gratifying experience also, as they were new to bird photography, and the questions, and interactions kept me very busy.
Working with natural light for all of our imaging is always challenging, and rewarding. I spend a lot of time helping people understand the beauty of light, and how to work with nature, backgrounds, and camera settings to capture what we see in a beautiful, and artistic manner. The birds are not disturbed by our presence, as they carry on with their business. It takes a lot of thought, and energy, shooting at very low shutter speed to make this work.
I recently upgraded to a D800 camera body, in connection to my faithful 200-400 lens, I have found this combination of equipment to work extremely well, with some amazing results. Such details! 36 mega pixels – 30-32 megabyte files, and superb colour rendition!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Finland’s 235 wolves be culled? [1641 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [1621 Views]
- POLL: Should the Wildlife Trust’s campaign to slaughter grey squirrels be stopped? [1609 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump disband USDA Wildlife “Killing” Services? [1219 Views]
- POLL: Should more bear hunting licenses be issued? [1152 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [967 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral cats be culled? [824 Views]
- POLL: Could U.S. endangered species rules go extinct under Trump? [727 Views]
- Why do birds sing? [634 Views]
- An elk’s-eye view of migrating through Yellowstone [569 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42056 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16800 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13853 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11117 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8614 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8309 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8116 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8048 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7417 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6115 Views]