WordPress is a relatively easy software to use. The following short tutorial should save you some time in getting started.
You will see a Google Translate bar, which partly covers the WordPress admin menu – close this on the top RHS by clicking Options / Turn off translation for this site.
Then click on +New / Post at the top of the page, and the “Add New Post” editing screen will open.
Step 1: Add Title – many will argue that the title is the most important part of the article. It will be indexed by Google, and all of the key words relating to the article should be featured.
Step 2: Add Text and highlight – if you already have the article on your own website ready prepared, then you can simply “copy / paste” the complete article including images right into this window.
a) To ensure consistency of style, however, please highlight the text and use the “remove formatting” button to re-format to the website’s settings.
b) when copying an article from another website or blog, undesirable html code may be inserted. Click the “clean html” button to resolve this.
c) another useful tool is the “add table” button.
Step 3: Add Tags – tags are important because they will be indexed by the search engines, and a well tagged article will get more hits. Use the suggested tags buttons “Local tags” and “Yahoo” at the bottom of the page, and supplement manually if key tags don’t show up.
Step 4: Add Images – if you have already “copy / pasted” images into the article under Step 2, then you’re done and dusted here. Another simple way to add images is by “drag and drop” from an existing article on another website. Then the images are “hot-linked” and do not need to be uploaded to the platform. The traditional way to add images is to click the “add media” button. This will be covered in more detail on the tutorial Posting Your Images.
Step 5: Add Categories – choose at least one category, so that your article can be searched by categories. e.g. “videos”, “audio”, “books”, etc.
Step 6: Save Draft & Preview – at this point it’s probably good to save your draft and preview. This gives you the chance to visualize how the final article will look and make any changes before proceeding.
Step 7: Schedule and Publish – our blog publishes 3 to 5 articles each day, and usually operates with a forward schedule of about 7 days. Check out “Posts / Calendar” and choose a free spot, when you would like your article to be published. When you’re happy with the article and have scheduled it, then click “Publish” and you’ve created your first post.
In case you have any suggestions, questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the MOTV trophy hunting channel be closed down? [1714 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of lions be banned? [1568 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a tough crack down on the killing of raptors? [1241 Views]
- POLL: Should captivity for all killer whales be banned? [1211 Views]
- POLL: Should the keeping of dolphins in captivity be banned? [1189 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy hunting be banned? [1156 Views]
- POLL: Should elephants be kept in captivity? [1014 Views]
- POLL: Should the pangolin slaughter in Africa be banned? [883 Views]
- POLL: Should the culling of Scotland’s mountain hares be banned? [715 Views]
- POLL: Should Praying Mantises be used for pest control? [688 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16951 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9305 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [4084 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [4083 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3795 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2869 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2662 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2573 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2319 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s “research whaling” program be closed down? [2150 Views]