WordPress is a relatively easy software to use. The following short tutorial should save you some time in getting started.
You will see a Google Translate bar, which partly covers the WordPress admin menu – close this on the top RHS by clicking Options / Turn off translation for this site.
Then click on +New / Post at the top of the page, and the “Add New Post” editing screen will open.
Step 1: Add Title – many will argue that the title is the most important part of the article. It will be indexed by Google, and all of the key words relating to the article should be featured.
Step 2: Add Text and highlight – if you already have the article on your own website ready prepared, then you can simply “copy / paste” the complete article including images right into this window.
a) To ensure consistency of style, however, please highlight the text and use the “remove formatting” button to re-format to the website’s settings.
b) when copying an article from another website or blog, undesirable html code may be inserted. Click the “clean html” button to resolve this.
c) another useful tool is the “add table” button.
Step 3: Add Tags – tags are important because they will be indexed by the search engines, and a well tagged article will get more hits. Use the suggested tags buttons “Local tags” and “Yahoo” at the bottom of the page, and supplement manually if key tags don’t show up.
Step 4: Add Images – if you have already “copy / pasted” images into the article under Step 2, then you’re done and dusted here. Another simple way to add images is by “drag and drop” from an existing article on another website. Then the images are “hot-linked” and do not need to be uploaded to the platform. The traditional way to add images is to click the “add media” button. This will be covered in more detail on the tutorial Posting Your Images.
Step 5: Add Categories – choose at least one category, so that your article can be searched by categories. e.g. “videos”, “audio”, “books”, etc.
Step 6: Save Draft & Preview – at this point it’s probably good to save your draft and preview. This gives you the chance to visualize how the final article will look and make any changes before proceeding.
Step 7: Schedule and Publish – our blog publishes 3 to 5 articles each day, and usually operates with a forward schedule of about 7 days. Check out “Posts / Calendar” and choose a free spot, when you would like your article to be published. When you’re happy with the article and have scheduled it, then click “Publish” and you’ve created your first post.
In case you have any suggestions, questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Share on social media:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2279 Views]
- Karma Strikes Again: Trophy Hunter Killed by Elephant [1124 Views]
- POLL: Should all circuses with wild animals be closed down? [977 Views]
- ‘Kill them, kill them, kill them’: the volunteer army plotting to wipe out Britain’s grey squirrels [820 Views]
- Bald Eagle Adopts Baby Hawk Instead of Eating Him [772 Views]
- $10,000 reward offered to find killer of famous Yellowstone white wolf [701 Views]
- POLL: Should the Grizzly Bear be removed from the Endangered Species List? [688 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [642 Views]
- Heroic Boat Captain Rescues Entangled Great White Shark [622 Views]
- Elephants Can’t Wait to Meet New Rescued Baby at Sanctuary [617 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42100 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16884 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11108 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [9198 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8679 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8246 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7448 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4694 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of pilot whales in the Faroes be stopped? [4659 Views]
- POLL: Should Spain’s “Running of the Bulls” festival be banned? [4609 Views]