So now the “Big Day” has finally arrived and our team – “The Sprinters” – is competing in a 24 hour marathon for the coveted title “Champions of the Flyway”.
The event is taking place today in Eilat, Israel and there are a total of 14 teams in the race – from England (5), USA (3), Holland (1) , Belgium (1), Israel (1), Palestine (1), Sweden (1) and Georgia (1).
While the racing might be light-hearted, the goal is to raise funds, so that the illegal killing of birds in Southern and Eastern Europe can be tackled. Many birding and wildlife enthusiasts have responded to the appeal and £20,000 has already been donated to BirdLife International.
Take a look at the shocking photos at the bottom of this mail to convince yourself about the need for urgent action. Hunting and trapping of migrating birds is still being extensively practiced in many European countries. e.g. France, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Malta, Albania, Croatia, Georgia.
For more information please click on the link below, leave us a message of support and help migrating birds WIN the “Race for Conservation”.
Don’t delay: Do it today!
Thanks in advance for your support
Ken Billington (+ Marc Guyt + Martijn Verdoes + Gert Ottens)
Ken, a scientist by training held various management positions in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries during his professional career, enabling him to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Americas, North Africa, Asia and Japan. Ken has always been a keen photographer and bought his first telephoto lens 10 years ago. This was the beginning of his interest in bird photography. Since then he has also become an active supporter of birding and wildlife conservation.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the tradition of throwing wild turkeys from a plane be allowed? – [1911 Views]
- POLL: Should the Rare Spirit Bear Be Protected From Hunters? – [1650 Views]
- POLL: Should Arizona’s wild cats be protected from trophy hunters? – [1313 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of bears as living tourist attractions be banned? – [1195 Views]
- POLL: Should animal traps in our National Wildlife Refuges be banned? – [1061 Views]
- POLL: Should Dolphinariums As Tourist Attractions Be Closed Down? – [1029 Views]
- POLL: Should Orcas and Dolphins be freed from all Seaquariums? – [1023 Views]
- POLL: Should the Alaska Refuge be opened up for drilling? – [990 Views]
- POLL: Should the testing of cosmetics on animals be banned? – [893 Views]
- Penguin disaster as only two chicks survive from colony of 40,000 – [797 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7645 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [6651 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [3786 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [3605 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3049 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]