So now the “Big Day” has finally arrived and our team – “The Sprinters” – is competing in a 24 hour marathon for the coveted title “Champions of the Flyway”.
The event is taking place today in Eilat, Israel and there are a total of 14 teams in the race – from England (5), USA (3), Holland (1) , Belgium (1), Israel (1), Palestine (1), Sweden (1) and Georgia (1).
While the racing might be light-hearted, the goal is to raise funds, so that the illegal killing of birds in Southern and Eastern Europe can be tackled. Many birding and wildlife enthusiasts have responded to the appeal and £20,000 has already been donated to BirdLife International.
Take a look at the shocking photos at the bottom of this mail to convince yourself about the need for urgent action. Hunting and trapping of migrating birds is still being extensively practiced in many European countries. e.g. France, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Malta, Albania, Croatia, Georgia.
For more information please click on the link below, leave us a message of support and help migrating birds WIN the “Race for Conservation”.
Don’t delay: Do it today!
Thanks in advance for your support
Ken Billington (+ Marc Guyt + Martijn Verdoes + Gert Ottens)
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Ken, a scientist by training held various management positions in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries during his professional career, enabling him to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Americas, North Africa, Asia and Japan. Ken has always been a keen photographer and bought his first telephoto lens 10 years ago. This was the beginning of his interest in bird photography. Since then he has also become an active supporter of birding and wildlife conservation.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2799 Views]
- POLL: Should South Africa’s canned hunting industry be banned? [1883 Views]
- POLL: Should Mozambique’s wildlife park be funded by trophy hunting? [1392 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of elephants for “entertainment” be banned? [1217 Views]
- POLL: Should Asia’s elephant tourism be banned? [968 Views]
- Bald Eagle Adopts Baby Hawk Instead of Eating Him [911 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife-killing “cyanide bombs” be banned? [897 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of wild animals in circuses be banned? [880 Views]
- POLL: Should Yellowstone Grizzlies be removed from the Endangered List? [859 Views]
- POLL: Should the owning of exotic pets be banned? [745 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16900 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11095 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [10111 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8689 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8233 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4711 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [4081 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3771 Views]
- POLL: Should the coyote continue to be exterminated? [3448 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of snares be banned in the UK? [2609 Views]