When Matkasur – Tadoba’s dominant Tiger disappeared into the creek, we thought that was the end of the amazing sighting. Our guide pointed out that there was a distinct possibility of him reappearing a little further down the road. This time we positioned our Jeep at the perfect distance and angle from the probable reappearance area. We waited for a few minutes and as predicted Matkasur reappeared. We started taking pictures as he emerged from the Bamboo thicket.
We thought he might hurriedly cross the road given the number of vehicles in the area. But to our pleasant surprise, he stood still giving us a majestic glance. I grabbed the opportunity and composed a picture of him with my new 600mm f4 lens on the D700 setup and made that the feature image (first image) of this post.
On the other hand, Matt, who was visiting the Indian wilderness for the first time, composed him in a gorgeous wider composition (above) with the 70-200mm f2.8 on the D300. Time stood still while we clicked away and after a few precious seconds he slowly walked towards the road. We kept clicking.
Before Matkasur disappeared into the Bamboo thicket on the other side, he turned and looked at the other Jeep and Matt captured that pose.
Wildlife in India, experience in pictures – Walk the Wilderness – A blog on wildlife in India where we share our experiences in the various national parks through wildlife photos
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Trump’s elephant trophy hunting plan be stopped? – [1179 Views]
- POLL: Should babies be allowed to buy hunting licenses? – [1029 Views]
- POLL: Should big-game and canned, trophy hunting be banned? – [1017 Views]
- POLL: Should wild horses be protected from roundups and slaughter? – [891 Views]
- POLL: Should South Africa strictly enforce its anti-poaching legislation? – [815 Views]
- Florida Opened a Fake Alligator Farm to Catch Poachers – [806 Views]
- POLL: Should African Grey Parrots be protected from illegal trafficking? – [786 Views]
- POLL: Should gillnets be banned in the Upper Gulf to save the Vaquita? – [778 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of animals in circuses be banned? – [755 Views]
- POLL: Should international shipping of shark fins be banned? – [752 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7663 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [5866 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [3818 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [3648 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3065 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]