The Kruger National Park is the largest and most famous wildlife reserve in Southern Africa with a staggering diversity of wildlife and plant species all encompassed by beautiful unspoilt scenery.
The Park has eleven different entrances, nine of which are on its South African border and two on its Mozambique Border that allow for easy access to the various camps.
The Limpopo route and Kruger National Park are malaria areas but the risk is relatively low in the drier or winter seasons.
Not wishing to get soaked crossing a stream, this agile Chacma Baboon does a hop, skip and jump through the water.
African Hoopoe. It shows lots more white on the wings than Eurasian Hoopoe and also has a richer orange-cinnamon hue.
Black-collared Barbet with large beetle
Yellow-billed Oxpecker flying towards a Black Rhino
African Fish Eagle
Bateleur, juvenile at road-kill
Amur Falcon, male
Amur Falcon, female
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Stephen Daly, has been birding since he was eight years old in his native Scotland. After living in Germany and France he established Andalucian Guides the successful birding and wildlife tour company on The Strait of Gibraltar in Spain and has been living here since 2001. Photographing birds in flight is one passion and his photos can be found in many books, magazines and journals. Studying bird behaviour and bird migration are two other positive aspects of being based on one of the busiest migration routes on Earth.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2461 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? [1689 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [1487 Views]
- POLL: Should the USDA stop using cyanide bombs to control predators? [1487 Views]
- POLL: Should Alaska’s refuges be opened for hunting again? [1368 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [1242 Views]
- POLL: Should Norway stop the annual slaughter of whales? [1135 Views]
- Badger buries entire cow in shocking new video [1050 Views]
- Is ‘Baiting’ an ethical way to photograph wild owls? [926 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of rhino horns be legalized? [837 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42073 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16838 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [14122 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [12633 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11131 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8641 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8315 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8061 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7427 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [5378 Views]