The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service currently is considering the most significant wildlife issue of our time: removal of Endangered Species Act protections from Yellowstone’s grizzly bear population.
This action will trigger a trophy hunting season in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Habitat and food sources for Yellowstone’s grizzlies are being profoundly impacted by climate change.
These bears are the slowest reproducing land mammal in the United States, and opening a hunting season on them while they are already struggling with the effects of climate change would be an arbitrary and capricious action that ignores the best available science, and smacks of reckless disregard for the bears’ well being.
We, the undersigned, are asking Secretary Zinke to direct his agency to maintain Endangered Species Act protections for Yellowstone’s grizzly bears.
Please sign the petition: Save the Yellowstone Grizzly – Stop the Delisting & Stop the Trophy Hunt.
Thank you for your support.
We invite you to share your opinion whether the Grizzly Bear should be removed from the Endangered Species Act? Please vote and leave your comments at the bottom of this page.
Thank you for voting.
Editorial Comment: The purpose of this poll is to highlight important wildlife conservation issues and to encourage discussion on ways to stop wildlife crime. By leaving a comment and sharing this post you can help to raise awareness. Thank you for your support.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the MOTV trophy hunting channel be closed down? [1714 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of lions be banned? [1568 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a tough crack down on the killing of raptors? [1241 Views]
- POLL: Should captivity for all killer whales be banned? [1211 Views]
- POLL: Should the keeping of dolphins in captivity be banned? [1189 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy hunting be banned? [1156 Views]
- POLL: Should elephants be kept in captivity? [1014 Views]
- POLL: Should the pangolin slaughter in Africa be banned? [883 Views]
- POLL: Should the culling of Scotland’s mountain hares be banned? [715 Views]
- POLL: Should Praying Mantises be used for pest control? [688 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16951 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9305 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [4084 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [4083 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3795 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2869 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2662 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2573 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2319 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s “research whaling” program be closed down? [2150 Views]