There are various ways to insert images into articles. Here we describe how to insert one image directly from a computer. If you have a large number of images to insert, however, it may be more convenient to first upload the images in bulk from the computer to the Media Library. See important notes at the bottom of this page relating to image nomenclature, size and formats.
Please note that images straight out of your camera with a width or height exceeding 3,000 pixels may cause an HTTP error when uploading. The way to solve this is to edit the image in your image processing software and reduce the larger dimension to 3,000 pixels or below.
Step 1: Insert an Image – place your cursor on the page where you want the image to be positioned. Then click “Add Media” and the “Insert Media” window opens.
Step 2: Upload Files – click on the “Upload Files” button and another window will open. Then find the images on your computer, which you want to insert. Drag and drop these images across into the upload window. The images will automatically upload and the “Insert Media” will open again with your uploaded images in it.
Step 3: Add Title & Caption – Highlight the desired image, make sure that the “Title” and “Caption” boxes are properly filled out because both of these will be indexed and searchable by Google and other search engines. Check the desired alignment whether “Left”, “Center” or “Right”. Check the desired Size. Then click “Insert into Post”. The window will close and the image will appear in the editing window of the article.
Step 4; Save Draft, Preview & Schedule – in an earlier tutorial we described other important steps including insertion of tags, insertion of categories and scheduling. Make a final preview and if all looks good then schedule your article.
Step 5: Select Image from Media Library – if your article will contain a large number of images and if you have already uploaded them in bulk to the Media Library, then replace step 2 with step 5 instead.
1) Nomenclature – the image name can contain any of the characters in the latin alphabet or numbers. However it may not contain spaces, commas , brackets ( ) exclamation marks ! question marks ? colons semicolons ; quotes ” “ The best way to separate the letters or numbers is to use a hyphen –
2) Size – the slideshow plugin will feature your images in the original upload size. Focusing On Wildlife imposes a limit on the upload size of 1,024 pixels x 683 pixels. This size will be ideal for most internet users. When your original images are larger than this, they will be automatically re-sized during the uploading process. Smaller images will also show up well in the slideshow, but they may lack the visual appeal of the full-sized slideshow.
3) Formats – the slideshow plugin accepts image formats including BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
4) Website Style – to ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Share on social media:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3606 Views]
- 10 amazing birds that have gone extinct [1178 Views]
- POLL: Should the trade in both raw and antique ivory be banned? [1166 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for continuing to slaughter whales? [1164 Views]
- POLL: Should India’s export of tiger skin, parts and bones be stopped? [1074 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of exotic animal skins for fashion be banned? [947 Views]
- POLL: Is big game hunting important for African economies? [926 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [898 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife crime be enforced by tougher legislation? [772 Views]
- POLL: Should the Eurasian Lynx be rewilded? [758 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42029 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16753 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13871 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13818 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11114 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [10893 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8598 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8303 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8039 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7392 Views]