There are various ways to insert images into articles. Here we describe how to insert one image directly from a computer. If you have a large number of images to insert, however, it may be more convenient to first upload the images in bulk from the computer to the Media Library. See important notes at the bottom of this page relating to image nomenclature, size and formats.
Please note that images straight out of your camera with a width or height exceeding 3,000 pixels may cause an HTTP error when uploading. The way to solve this is to edit the image in your image processing software and reduce the larger dimension to 3,000 pixels or below.
Step 1: Insert an Image – place your cursor on the page where you want the image to be positioned. Then click “Add Media” and the “Insert Media” window opens.
Step 2: Upload Files – click on the “Upload Files” button and another window will open. Then find the images on your computer, which you want to insert. Drag and drop these images across into the upload window. The images will automatically upload and the “Insert Media” will open again with your uploaded images in it.
Step 3: Add Title & Caption – Highlight the desired image, make sure that the “Title” and “Caption” boxes are properly filled out because both of these will be indexed and searchable by Google and other search engines. Check the desired alignment whether “Left”, “Center” or “Right”. Check the desired Size. Then click “Insert into Post”. The window will close and the image will appear in the editing window of the article.
Step 4; Save Draft, Preview & Schedule – in an earlier tutorial we described other important steps including insertion of tags, insertion of categories and scheduling. Make a final preview and if all looks good then schedule your article.
Step 5: Select Image from Media Library – if your article will contain a large number of images and if you have already uploaded them in bulk to the Media Library, then replace step 2 with step 5 instead.
1) Nomenclature – the image name can contain any of the characters in the latin alphabet or numbers. However it may not contain spaces, commas , brackets ( ) exclamation marks ! question marks ? colons semicolons ; quotes ” “ The best way to separate the letters or numbers is to use a hyphen –
2) Size – the slideshow plugin will feature your images in the original upload size. Focusing On Wildlife imposes a limit on the upload size of 1,024 pixels x 683 pixels. This size will be ideal for most internet users. When your original images are larger than this, they will be automatically re-sized during the uploading process. Smaller images will also show up well in the slideshow, but they may lack the visual appeal of the full-sized slideshow.
3) Formats – the slideshow plugin accepts image formats including BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
4) Website Style – to ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Share on social media:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the export of elephants to China be banned? [2000 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers be allowed to continue? [1370 Views]
- New year, new birds: 10 newly-recognised species [1037 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of Borneo’s pygmy elephants be stopped? [1029 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [907 Views]
- POLL: Should Arab sheikhs be allowed to hunt bustards? [907 Views]
- New Estimate: There are Over 18,000 Bird Species on Earth [712 Views]
- POLL: Should neonicotinoid pesticides be banned to save our bees? [710 Views]
- Kissing cows are to blame for bovine TB – so stop this bloody badger cull [693 Views]
- POLL: Should Poland’s bison hunting plan be allowed to go ahead? [671 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41991 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16711 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13927 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13702 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11106 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9746 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8542 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8291 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8033 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7356 Views]