There are various ways to insert images into articles. Here we describe how to insert one image directly from a computer. If you have a large number of images to insert, however, it may be more convenient to first upload the images in bulk from the computer to the Media Library. See important notes at the bottom of this page relating to image nomenclature, size and formats.
Please note that images straight out of your camera with a width or height exceeding 3,000 pixels may cause an HTTP error when uploading. The way to solve this is to edit the image in your image processing software and reduce the larger dimension to 3,000 pixels or below.
Step 1: Insert an Image – place your cursor on the page where you want the image to be positioned. Then click “Add Media” and the “Insert Media” window opens.
Step 2: Upload Files – click on the “Upload Files” button and another window will open. Then find the images on your computer, which you want to insert. Drag and drop these images across into the upload window. The images will automatically upload and the “Insert Media” will open again with your uploaded images in it.
Step 3: Add Title & Caption – Highlight the desired image, make sure that the “Title” and “Caption” boxes are properly filled out because both of these will be indexed and searchable by Google and other search engines. Check the desired alignment whether “Left”, “Center” or “Right”. Check the desired Size. Then click “Insert into Post”. The window will close and the image will appear in the editing window of the article.
Step 4; Save Draft, Preview & Schedule – in an earlier tutorial we described other important steps including insertion of tags, insertion of categories and scheduling. Make a final preview and if all looks good then schedule your article.
Step 5: Select Image from Media Library – if your article will contain a large number of images and if you have already uploaded them in bulk to the Media Library, then replace step 2 with step 5 instead.
1) Nomenclature – the image name can contain any of the characters in the latin alphabet or numbers. However it may not contain spaces, commas , brackets ( ) exclamation marks ! question marks ? colons semicolons ; quotes ” “ The best way to separate the letters or numbers is to use a hyphen –
2) Size – the slideshow plugin will feature your images in the original upload size. Focusing On Wildlife imposes a limit on the upload size of 1,024 pixels x 683 pixels. This size will be ideal for most internet users. When your original images are larger than this, they will be automatically re-sized during the uploading process. Smaller images will also show up well in the slideshow, but they may lack the visual appeal of the full-sized slideshow.
3) Formats – the slideshow plugin accepts image formats including BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
4) Website Style – to ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the tradition of throwing wild turkeys from a plane be allowed? – [1927 Views]
- POLL: Should the Rare Spirit Bear Be Protected From Hunters? – [1652 Views]
- POLL: Should Arizona’s wild cats be protected from trophy hunters? – [1315 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of bears as living tourist attractions be banned? – [1203 Views]
- POLL: Should Dolphinariums As Tourist Attractions Be Closed Down? – [1065 Views]
- POLL: Should animal traps in our National Wildlife Refuges be banned? – [1063 Views]
- POLL: Should Orcas and Dolphins be freed from all Seaquariums? – [1033 Views]
- POLL: Should the Alaska Refuge be opened up for drilling? – [992 Views]
- POLL: Should the testing of cosmetics on animals be banned? – [895 Views]
- Penguin disaster as only two chicks survive from colony of 40,000 – [807 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7645 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [6610 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [3786 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [3605 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3055 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]