A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [6777 Views]
- Poll: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [1993 Views]
- Angry hippo flings newborn calf into the air » [1183 Views]
- Recently rediscovered hummingbird faces extinction » [1099 Views]
- Video: Mother Owl Takes On Snake – and Wins » [1054 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [873 Views]
- Thought-to-be-extinct ‘halloween’ frog rediscovered in Costa Rica » [779 Views]
- The triumph of the bison: Europe’s biggest animal bounces back a century after vanishing » [728 Views]
- A third of Europe’s birds under threat, says most comprehensive study yet » [692 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [674 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11831 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10680 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7005 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4026 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3818 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [3722 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [3520 Views]
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [3006 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2967 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2704 Views]