A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [3855 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? » [2817 Views]
- POLL: Should the Spanish bullfighting tradition be banned? » [2181 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of black bears in Wisconsin be stopped? » [1538 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect the red squirrel? » [1515 Views]
- POLL: Should there be an international agreement to protect the arctic? » [1428 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1419 Views]
- After 60 million years of extreme living, seabirds are crashing » [1382 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [1313 Views]
- POLL: Should “Drive Hunt” Slaughter of Wildlife be Banned? » [1308 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14068 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11285 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8376 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8020 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5920 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [5404 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4770 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4327 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? » [4087 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [3936 Views]