A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2470 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? [1798 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [1779 Views]
- POLL: Should the USDA stop using cyanide bombs to control predators? [1540 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [1487 Views]
- POLL: Should Norway stop the annual slaughter of whales? [1277 Views]
- Badger buries entire cow in shocking new video [1053 Views]
- Is ‘Baiting’ an ethical way to photograph wild owls? [948 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of rhino horns be legalized? [841 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral horses be controlled by aerial culling? [727 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42073 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16838 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [14125 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [12669 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11132 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8641 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8315 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8061 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7428 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [5378 Views]