A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [1915 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [1885 Views]
- POLL: Can lion trophy hunting support conservation? » [1829 Views]
- 25 million songbirds slaughtered each year in the Mediterranean » [1458 Views]
- POLL: When bears kill humans should they be slaughtered? » [1448 Views]
- Night parrot capture and tagging hailed as ‘holy grail’ moment for bird lovers » [1416 Views]
- POLL: Should badger culls be abandoned once and for all? » [1382 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [1376 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dallas Safari Club Auction be stopped? » [1361 Views]
- Rare Picture: Blackbird “Rides” Hawk » [1243 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [13854 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11224 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10750 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7952 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [7641 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [4992 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4709 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4203 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on South Africa’s horn trade be lifted? » [3502 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [3496 Views]