A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [1867 Views]
- Video: Incredible footage shows leopard attacking two male antelope while they fight » [594 Views]
- Video: Watch what happens when you give a squirrel a GoPro » [509 Views]
- Video: Killer Whales Attack Pod of Narwhal » [503 Views]
- Video: Rare Black Sea Devil Caught on Film for the First Time » [452 Views]
- Grey seals identified as killers behind mystery harbour porpoise deaths » [422 Views]
- New Pictures of Hollywood Cougar Show Sleeker, Healthier Cat » [398 Views]
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia » [391 Views]
- Listen to New Bird Species Discovered in Brazil: Cryptic Treehunter » [372 Views]
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring » [363 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10958 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7971 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7407 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5661 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4924 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4701 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4015 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [3186 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3097 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [2933 Views]