A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [4184 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of birds in southern Europe be stopped? » [2475 Views]
- Dive-bombing kingfisher’s underwater hunt caught on camera » [2380 Views]
- POLL: Is Florida’s Bear Hunt Necessary? » [1984 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [1957 Views]
- POLL: Should the trapping of songbirds in Malta be stopped? » [1896 Views]
- Scientist under attack after he kills bird that took decades to find » [1746 Views]
- Video: Meet the Dog Trained to Take Down Poachers » [1046 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming in Finland be banned? » [892 Views]
- Poll: Should wolves be slaughtered to save caribou? » [841 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14264 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11306 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [9810 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8458 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8136 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [6712 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [6080 Views]
- POLL: Should whales and dolphins be kept in captivity for our entertainment? » [5278 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4556 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4132 Views]