A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Poll: Should animals be trophy hunted to support conservation? » [688 Views]
- Video: Mountain Lions Caught on Camera in San Francisco Bay Area » [585 Views]
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera » [540 Views]
- Video: Camera traps capture rare footage of wild bonobos » [427 Views]
- Video: Can We Stop Millions of Birds From Crashing Into Windows? » [422 Views]
- Video: Christmas Island’s Incredible Red Crab Migration » [378 Views]
- Video: Panda Playing in Snow Goes Viral » [370 Views]
- Awe-inspiring images of birds by Ofer Levy » [368 Views]
- Video: What’s the Difference Between Rabbits and Hares? » [355 Views]
- Video: Gamekeeper jailed in Scotland for killing bird of prey » [339 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10695 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7990 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4730 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4515 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4038 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3399 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [3081 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [2933 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2906 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2789 Views]