A passion for challenge will take you to Costa Rica. The birds are spectacular, and the degree of difficulty for photography is immense. If you have never photographed birds in Costa Rica, you are definitely in for a treat. The colours alone make it worth the trip.
A big part of any successful adventure is knowing where to go, and when. this country has 12 climate cells, each one has it’s own system. Rain is always a factor while planning. A good combination of direct sunlight, and overcast skies will compliment your tour, so long as you know how to work with pure natural light.
Each location that we visit has a fantastic learning curve. After 6 successful tours, I know where to go and when, the landscapes, the hummingbirds, and the tanagers all have their prime time. On a golf course, local knowledge is key. Well, the same holds true for Costa Rica. When and where you travel is so important. The infrastructure is not bad once you know your way around.
Being well connected is really important. My first trip to Costa Rica back in 2006 was a fantastic learning experience. We had superb shooting, and I was lucky to connect with a good guide. The issue with guides is simple, they need to know photography, and frankly, most do not. Normally, a tour lasts 6-8 days, and you need to make the most of your time there, for the well refined photographer, or for the beginner, we encourage you to get connected with the right people for your trip.
Raymond Barlow Photography Tours will connect you with the wildlife photography that you dream about, Tanznaia, Costa Rica, Newfoundland, India, or the Grizzly Bears of British Columbia.
We offer several tours around the world, private workshops, group rates. Please review the latest tour info on this webpage, and thanks for your visit here with “Focus on Wildlife”.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41286 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [10264 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [6886 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [6350 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy and big game hunting be banned? [4702 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of pilot whales in the Faroes be stopped? [4321 Views]
- POLL: Should Spain’s “Running of the Bulls” festival be banned? [4311 Views]
- POLL: Should animals be kept in zoos and circuses? [2846 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of animals by Wildlife Services be stopped? [2122 Views]
- POLL: Should the UK halt its failed badger cull policy? [1725 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41174 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [15267 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? [14353 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [12353 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [9971 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [7661 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [6879 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? [6796 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6136 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [6102 Views]