It is mid January already and there are many signs of Spring which will soon arrive.
Steppe Eagles are already on the move - singles are seen daily and like each year, I wonder where are they heading so early when everything is still frozen up north?
Asian Desert and Spectacled Warblers are found in many corners of the Arava and up in the air there are constant calls and shrills of Pallid Swifts on migration while at least 3 Great Spotted Cuckoo’s were seen both in Eilat and around Samar.
Two different Steppe Shrikes were photographed over the last week around the Arava, I wonder if they represent early movements?!
Last Thursday I had a free hour around Samar and i went to check if the Little Owl is still present. While I could not locate it, I had a great opportunity to study the differences of Water and Buff-bellied Pipits at Samar turf fields with no less than 3 of the later present among roughly 100 Water Pipits.
Today, Yaniv found the Little Owl again at the same spot…
You may also like:
Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter and get all the latest wildlife news with high-resolution images, video and audio clips.
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Bison return to Germany after 300 year absence » Focusing on Wildlife [334 Views]
- Billions of cicadas to invade US east coast after 17 years underground » Focusing on Wildlife [305 Views]
- Best Photo of the Week Competition 18 May 2013 » Focusing on Wildlife [284 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » Focusing on Wildlife [284 Views]
- Beautiful striped bat is the “find of a lifetime” (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [281 Views]
- Are seagulls killing whales in Patagonia? » Focusing on Wildlife [280 Views]
- New insect discovered in Brazil, only third known in its bizarre family (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [252 Views]
- Government licensed secret buzzard egg destruction, documents reveal » Focusing on Wildlife [246 Views]
- Amur leopard population rises to 50 animals, but at risk from tigers, poachers » Focusing on Wildlife [225 Views]
- Elephants massacred for ivory in Central African Republic » Focusing on Wildlife [196 Views]
Explore These Popular Posts From Last Year
- Shocking Amur Falcon Massacre in Nagaland » [1830 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [1657 Views]
- Orange County (California) Birds of Prey » [1222 Views]
- Please promote our logo for wildlife conservation » [1206 Views]
- NATURE “Magic of the Snowy Owl” – Preview – PBS » [1041 Views]
- Insects » [1004 Views]
- Gorillas Win vs. Poachers » [959 Views]
- Wildlife Slaughter in South Dakota » [585 Views]
- Interview with Steve Mills, Award Winning Photographer » [511 Views]
- The Golden Eagle in Scotland – As climatic changes take hold, what future awaits these iconic raptors in the 21st Century? » [504 Views]