Register your details and join the world’s fastest growing wildlife community. Discover outstanding wildlife images, create your own photo gallery, take part in the weekly photo competitions, publish your own articles on our blog and lots more.
- Photo Galleries – create your own © WildFocus photo gallery (unlimited storage space).
- Photo Competition – upload your winning image to the next Photo Competition.
- Animated Logos – mount our attractive Butterfly Logos on your own website.
- Promote your own Website – feature a website link on our Links Page.
- Become a Species Champion – upload your wildlife images and create Species Galleries
- Write Articles in your own Language – although our principle language is English, we welcome articles in German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch and many other languages.
Please confirm your interest to join us by completing the form below. You will immediately receive confirmation of your registration by email.
Terms of Service for all Registrations
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your use of all services and features available on FocusingOnWildlife.com’s (“FocusingOnWildlife”) website, focusingonwildlife.com (“website”).
Revisions to Terms (last updated 19 April 2013).
We reserve the right to modify or amend the Terms from time to time. When we do, those changes will appear on this page and the “Last Updated” line above will be revised appropriately.
Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to the Terms indicates your acceptance of those revisions.
If you choose to provide information to us, you agree that you will provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information.
Focusing on Wildlife Logo
You agree to mount our logo on your website or blog with the following embedded link http://focusingonwildlife.com – follow this link to obtain the logo html embedding code.
To ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, you agree not to change the theme’s default font, text size, text color or settings. Images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Your article should be informative in nature and cover topics exclusively related to wildlife. Photos of pets, captive or domesticated animals are not allowed. Articles may not contain self-serving or promotional content in the article title, body, or summary.
Provided that your article is at least 200 words in length, then a maximum of two active or inactive self-serving links/URL’s my be included at the end your article. A self-serving link is defined as a website that the author owns, controls, or has a vested interest in. A maximum of two active or inactive non-self-serving links/URL’s may also be included in your article. A non-self-serving link is a website that you do NOT own, control, or have an interest in which adds value to the article.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Submissions to our website to determine compliance with these Terms and any other applicable rules that we may establish.
We have the right in our sole discretion to edit, remove or block any material submitted to or posted in any forum, profile page or other service provided through this website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to remove any material that FocusingOnWildlife, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise objectionable, and you are solely responsible for the User Submissions that you post to this website.
FocusingOnWildlife reserves the right to sell, license and/or display any advertising, attribution, links, promotional and/or distribution rights in connection with your creative submission, and FocusingOnWildlife and its licensors or affiliates will be entitled to retain any and all revenue generated from any sales or licenses of such advertising, attribution, links, or promotional or distribution rights.
Nothing in these additional terms obligates or may be deemed to obligate FocusingOnWildlife to sell, license or offer to sell or license any advertising, promotion or distribution rights.
Scope of Service.
Visitors to this website are responsible for obtaining any equipment and Internet service necessary to access our website and for any paying any fees for the equipment and service you select. We may alter, suspend, or discontinue this website in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice. The website also periodically may become unavailable.
Copyright and Ownership.
All of the content featured or displayed on the website, including without limitation text, graphics, photographs, images, video, sound, and illustrations (“Content”), is owned by FocusingOnWildlife, its licensors, vendors, agents and/or its Content providers.
All elements of the website, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. The website may only be used for its intended purpose.
Except as may be otherwise indicated in specific documents within the website, you are authorized to view, play, print and download documents, audio and video found on our website for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes only.
You may not modify any of the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the website unless specified otherwise on the web site.
Except as authorized under the copyright laws, you are responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on the website.
For purposes of these Terms, the use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the website.
The website, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of FocusingOnWildlife or its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed.
You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from material found on these website.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of FocusingOnWildlife used on the website, including the FocusingOnWildlife® name and FocusingOnWildlife logo are registered trademarks of FocusingOnWildlife.
You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify FocusingOnWildlife marks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this site, without FocusingOnWildlife’s prior written consent.
The use of FocusingOnWildlife marks on any other web site or network computer environment is not allowed.
User Submission License.
Where FocusingOnWildlife has specifically invited or requested submissions, FocusingOnWildlife encourages members of the public to submit user published content or user content to FocusingOnWildlife (“User Submissions”).
User Submissions remain the intellectual property of the individual user. By posting content on our website, you expressly grant FocusingOnWildlife a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up worldwide, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform and display such content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Submission, in whole or in part, and in any form throughout the world in any media or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, including all promotion, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity and any other ancillary uses thereof, and including the unfettered right to sublicense such rights, in perpetuity throughout the universe.
Any such User Submissions are deemed non-confidential and FocusingOnWildlife shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any User Submission.
We are not responsible or liable for the conduct of website visitors or for views, opinions, and statements expressed in User Submissions for public display through our website, such as through a forum, user profile or other service.
Generally, we do not prescreen information posted to online forums, user profiles or other services.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information in User Submissions expressed or made available on the website are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of FocusingOnWildlife.
We neither endorse nor guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such User Submission.
You are responsible for ensuring that User Submissions to this website are not provided in violation of any copyright, trade secret, or other proprietary right of another person or entity.
You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trade secret, or other proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from your uploading, posting, or submission of User Submissions to this website.
We attempt to ensure that information on this website is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of any information on this website.
Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this website or any Content displayed on this website, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms; or (b) with our prior written permission or the permission of the third party owner of the trademark, copyright or other proprietary right of the Content.
Code of Conduct.
By accessing our website or any forum, user profile or other service provided through our website, you agree to abide by the following standards of conduct.
We will fully cooperate with valid law enforcement authority requests, court orders or judicial or legal process requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting or causing the posting of prohibited materials or engaging in prohibited conduct.
Any conduct that in FocusingOnWildlife’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying focusingonwildlife.com will not be permitted.
You agree that you will not, and will not authorize or facilitate any attempt by another person or entity to use our website to:
1) Post or transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, offensive, obscene, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise objectionable, as determined by FocusingOnWildlife.
2) Post or transmit Content including a name or language that FocusingOnWildlife, in its sole discretion, deems offensive.
3) Post or transmit defamatory or libelous statements.
4) Post or transmit any Content that contains or advocates hate, bigotry, racism, pedophilia, bestiality or incest.
5) Post or transmit Content that infringes another person or entity’s copyright, trademark, right of publicity or other proprietary right. Any person determined by FocusingOnWildlife, in its sole discretion, to have repeatedly violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on focusingonwildlife.com.
6) Post unsolicited advertising or unlawfully promote products or services, including sending unsolicited email advertisements.
7) Harass, threaten, stalk or intentionally embarrass or cause distress to another person or entity.
8) Impersonate another person or entity.
9) Solicit personally identifiable information from or exploit children less than 18 years of age.
10) Engage in disruptive activity such as sending multiple messages in an effort to monopolize the forum or posting Content unrelated to a forum’s designated topic or theme.
11) ) Introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses, harmful code, or any software or other materials that contain a component harmful to the website.
12) Gain unauthorized access to any computer system or nonpublic portion of the website or interfere with or disrupt the website, servers or networks connected to the website.
13) Invade the privacy of any person, including posting personally identifying or otherwise private or sensitive information about a person without their consent or harvesting personally identifiable information about focusingonwildlife.com users through the website.
14) Engage in, encourage, advocate, provide instructions for or discuss with the intent to commit conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or otherwise violate any federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
This website is a general audience website that is not targeted to children under the age of 13. The website does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
In order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that you not provide personally identifiable information to us if you are under the age of 13. We urge parents and guardians to supervise their children’s website browsing.
When you register to create a profile page or participate in a forum, promotion, or other service offered on this website, you may be required to establish a login identifier and a password. You are responsible for protecting your login and password from unauthorized use, and you are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account.
You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that your login or password has been or may be used without your permission so that appropriate action can be taken. We are not responsible for losses or damage caused by your failure to safeguard your login and password.
By using this website, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend FocusingOnWildlife from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that arises in connection with your use of this website.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
Disclaimer of Warranty. all text, images, and other information on or accessible from this website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. specifically, but without limitation, focusingonwildlife does not warrant that: (a) the information available on this website is free of errors; (b) the functions or services (including but not limited to mechanisms for the downloading and uploading of content) provided by this website will be uninterrupted, secure, or free of errors; (c) defects will be corrected; or (d) this website or the server(s) that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of liability .
In no event shall FocusingonWildlife be liable to any visitor to this website or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, loss of data, loss of use, or costs of obtaining substitute goods or services) arising out of the use, inability to use, unauthorized access to, or misuse of the website or any information contained thereon, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if user has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
Links to Third-Party Websites.
This website may contain links to non-FocusingOnWildlife websites. Any outside website accessed from our website is independent from FocusingOnWildlife, and we have no control over the content of such websites.
No Implied Endorsements.
In no event shall any reference to any third party or third-party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by FocusingOnWildlife of that third party or of any product or service provided by a third party.
Likewise, a link to any non-FocusingOnWildlife website does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such a website.
FocusingOnWildlife does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee any product or service offered by any third party through a forum, profile page or other service accessible through this website and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction involving any third-party providers of products or services.
This website is published in Switzerland. Information collected on this website is subject to the laws of Switzerland, and Swiss law shall govern in any and all disputes, including privacy or defamation issues. Your use of this website or submission of information to us constitutes your consent to the transfer of that information from your home country to Switzerland.
We may terminate any visitor’s access to our website, including access to any forum, profile page or other service available through the website, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, with or without prior notice.
It is our policy to terminate visitors who violate these Terms, as deemed appropriate in our sole discretion. You agree that we are not liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to our website.
These Terms shall be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of Switzerland notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
You must first present any claim or dispute to us by contacting us to allow us an opportunity to resolve the dispute. You may request arbitration if your claim or dispute cannot be resolved within sixty (60) days.
Entire Agreement; Severability; Waiver.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein. If any part of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. Failure to exercise any right under the Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of such right.
For Additional Information.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us .
Share on social media:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3671 Views]
- 10 amazing birds that have gone extinct [1210 Views]
- POLL: Should the trade in both raw and antique ivory be banned? [1209 Views]
- POLL: Should India’s export of tiger skin, parts and bones be stopped? [1094 Views]
- POLL: Is big game hunting important for African economies? [1089 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [982 Views]
- POLL: Should the use of exotic animal skins for fashion be banned? [967 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife crime be enforced by tougher legislation? [791 Views]
- POLL: Should the Eurasian Lynx be rewilded? [781 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect red squirrels? [764 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42033 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16761 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13869 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13820 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [11123 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11114 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8602 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8303 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8039 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7394 Views]