Sometimes when I get up early to go birding on the weekend I forget some of my birding gear because I’m in too much of a hurry. If I forget my scope it’s no big deal. I can still get by with the use of my camera and binoculars. Forgetting my binoculars is more of a disappointment but then I usually concentrate my efforts on getting better photos.
The one thing that bothers me most is when I forget my camera. I don’t like being without it because I know that will be the morning when a great photo opportunity will present itself.
So what could be worse than forgetting my canon 50x superzoom camera? The bottom photo is of a kodak Duaflex II camera which was recently discovered packed away in an old box down in the basement. I wouldn’t even bother taking photos of birds if I had to use that old camera.
I don’t know what a “kodet’ lens is but I doubt it would take close-up pictures of birds and I wouldn’t want to bother developing the film.
I forgot my camera this weekend but decided it was worth the ride to back for it. Even an average photo (Red-breasted Merganser) from the Canon would top my best efforts using a kodak Duaflex.
I’m sure that it would come in handy if I was living in the 1950’sbut for for now I think I’ll just put it on the shelf as a reminder of how much cameras have advanced in technology since then.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Married, I am not a casual weekend birder,-still learning-still making mistakes. I am not a writer or photographer but enjoy blogging about my outdoor adventures. I am currently using a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera, Meopta Meostar 8x42 binoculars, and a vortex spotting scope. The Name Brownstone Birding Blog comes from the fact that I in which Portland has been known for its brownstone quarries for many years. Much of the brownstone used for older buildings in New York came from the town of Portland.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Finland’s 235 wolves be culled? [1641 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [1621 Views]
- POLL: Should the Wildlife Trust’s campaign to slaughter grey squirrels be stopped? [1609 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump disband USDA Wildlife “Killing” Services? [1219 Views]
- POLL: Should more bear hunting licenses be issued? [1152 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [967 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral cats be culled? [824 Views]
- POLL: Could U.S. endangered species rules go extinct under Trump? [727 Views]
- Why do birds sing? [634 Views]
- An elk’s-eye view of migrating through Yellowstone [569 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42056 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16800 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13853 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11117 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8614 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8309 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8116 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8048 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7417 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6115 Views]