Sometimes when I get up early to go birding on the weekend I forget some of my birding gear because I’m in too much of a hurry. If I forget my scope it’s no big deal. I can still get by with the use of my camera and binoculars. Forgetting my binoculars is more of a disappointment but then I usually concentrate my efforts on getting better photos.
The one thing that bothers me most is when I forget my camera. I don’t like being without it because I know that will be the morning when a great photo opportunity will present itself.
So what could be worse than forgetting my canon 50x superzoom camera? The bottom photo is of a kodak Duaflex II camera which was recently discovered packed away in an old box down in the basement. I wouldn’t even bother taking photos of birds if I had to use that old camera.
I don’t know what a “kodet’ lens is but I doubt it would take close-up pictures of birds and I wouldn’t want to bother developing the film.
I forgot my camera this weekend but decided it was worth the ride to back for it. Even an average photo (Red-breasted Merganser) from the Canon would top my best efforts using a kodak Duaflex.
I’m sure that it would come in handy if I was living in the 1950’sbut for for now I think I’ll just put it on the shelf as a reminder of how much cameras have advanced in technology since then.
Married, I am not a casual weekend birder,-still learning-still making mistakes. I am not a writer or photographer but enjoy blogging about my outdoor adventures. I am currently using a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera, Meopta Meostar 8x42 binoculars, and a vortex spotting scope. The Name Brownstone Birding Blog comes from the fact that I in which Portland has been known for its brownstone quarries for many years. Much of the brownstone used for older buildings in New York came from the town of Portland.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the MOTV trophy hunting channel be closed down? [1692 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of lions be banned? [1470 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a tough crack down on the killing of raptors? [1232 Views]
- POLL: Should captivity for all killer whales be banned? [1204 Views]
- POLL: Should the keeping of dolphins in captivity be banned? [1179 Views]
- POLL: Should trophy hunting be banned? [1149 Views]
- POLL: Should the pangolin slaughter in Africa be banned? [883 Views]
- POLL: Should elephants be kept in captivity? [777 Views]
- POLL: Should the culling of Scotland’s mountain hares be banned? [715 Views]
- POLL: Should Praying Mantises be used for pest control? [686 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16946 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9327 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [6734 Views]
- POLL: Should the sale of elephant ivory be legalized? [4084 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3792 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2861 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2638 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2570 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2315 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan’s “research whaling” program be closed down? [2150 Views]