Sometimes when I get up early to go birding on the weekend I forget some of my birding gear because I’m in too much of a hurry. If I forget my scope it’s no big deal. I can still get by with the use of my camera and binoculars. Forgetting my binoculars is more of a disappointment but then I usually concentrate my efforts on getting better photos.
The one thing that bothers me most is when I forget my camera. I don’t like being without it because I know that will be the morning when a great photo opportunity will present itself.
So what could be worse than forgetting my canon 50x superzoom camera? The bottom photo is of a kodak Duaflex II camera which was recently discovered packed away in an old box down in the basement. I wouldn’t even bother taking photos of birds if I had to use that old camera.
I don’t know what a “kodet’ lens is but I doubt it would take close-up pictures of birds and I wouldn’t want to bother developing the film.
I forgot my camera this weekend but decided it was worth the ride to back for it. Even an average photo (Red-breasted Merganser) from the Canon would top my best efforts using a kodak Duaflex.
I’m sure that it would come in handy if I was living in the 1950’sbut for for now I think I’ll just put it on the shelf as a reminder of how much cameras have advanced in technology since then.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Married, I am not a casual weekend birder,-still learning-still making mistakes. I am not a writer or photographer but enjoy blogging about my outdoor adventures. I am currently using a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera, Meopta Meostar 8x42 binoculars, and a vortex spotting scope. The Name Brownstone Birding Blog comes from the fact that I in which Portland has been known for its brownstone quarries for many years. Much of the brownstone used for older buildings in New York came from the town of Portland.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [1383 Views]
- Karma Strikes Again: Trophy Hunter Killed by Elephant [1120 Views]
- POLL: Should the Grizzly Bear be removed from the Endangered Species List? [1007 Views]
- POLL: Should all circuses with wild animals be closed down? [967 Views]
- ‘Kill them, kill them, kill them’: the volunteer army plotting to wipe out Britain’s grey squirrels [817 Views]
- $10,000 reward offered to find killer of famous Yellowstone white wolf [701 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [626 Views]
- Elephants Can’t Wait to Meet New Rescued Baby at Sanctuary [617 Views]
- Heroic Boat Captain Rescues Entangled Great White Shark [614 Views]
- Live donkey fed to tigers in shareholder protest at Chinese zoo [587 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42100 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16884 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11134 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [10607 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8675 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8246 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7444 Views]
- POLL: Should the killing of giraffes be outlawed? [4685 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of pilot whales in the Faroes be stopped? [4657 Views]
- POLL: Should Spain’s “Running of the Bulls” festival be banned? [4609 Views]