Sometimes when I get up early to go birding on the weekend I forget some of my birding gear because I’m in too much of a hurry. If I forget my scope it’s no big deal. I can still get by with the use of my camera and binoculars. Forgetting my binoculars is more of a disappointment but then I usually concentrate my efforts on getting better photos.
The one thing that bothers me most is when I forget my camera. I don’t like being without it because I know that will be the morning when a great photo opportunity will present itself.
So what could be worse than forgetting my canon 50x superzoom camera? The bottom photo is of a kodak Duaflex II camera which was recently discovered packed away in an old box down in the basement. I wouldn’t even bother taking photos of birds if I had to use that old camera.
I don’t know what a “kodet’ lens is but I doubt it would take close-up pictures of birds and I wouldn’t want to bother developing the film.
I forgot my camera this weekend but decided it was worth the ride to back for it. Even an average photo (Red-breasted Merganser) from the Canon would top my best efforts using a kodak Duaflex.
I’m sure that it would come in handy if I was living in the 1950’sbut for for now I think I’ll just put it on the shelf as a reminder of how much cameras have advanced in technology since then.
Married, I am not a casual weekend birder,-still learning-still making mistakes. I am not a writer or photographer but enjoy blogging about my outdoor adventures. I am currently using a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera, Meopta Meostar 8x42 binoculars, and a vortex spotting scope. The Name Brownstone Birding Blog comes from the fact that I in which Portland has been known for its brownstone quarries for many years. Much of the brownstone used for older buildings in New York came from the town of Portland.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [3503 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? – [2014 Views]
- POLL: Should Nevada’s wild horses be protected from roundups and slaughter? – [1806 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of young elephants to Chinese zoos be banned? – [1502 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a total ban on trade in rhino horn? – [1267 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on the shark fin trade? – [1016 Views]
- Radioactive Boar Wreak Havoc on Swedish Landscape – [896 Views]
- POLL: Would you support the reintroduction of the wolf in the UK? – [843 Views]
- POLL: Should the Grand Canyon Bison be culled? – [793 Views]
- POLL: Should outdoor cats be prevented from killing birds? – [746 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7635 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [7099 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [3697 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3038 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering Minke whales? [2289 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [2081 Views]