WordPress is a relatively easy software to use. The following short tutorial should save you some time in getting started.
Then click on +New / Post at the top of the page, and the “Add New Post” editing screen will open.
Step 1: Add Title – many will argue that the title is the most important part of the article. It will be indexed by Google, and all of the key words relating to the article should be featured.
Step 2: Set Featured Image – this will be the most important image in your post. If you have already uploaded images to WildFocus, you will be able to find the one you want in the media library and set it. Otherwise select “Upload Files” and proceed.
Step 3: Add Text – if you already have the article on your own website ready prepared, then you can simply “copy / paste” the complete article including images right into this window.
Step 4: Insert Tags – tags are important because they will be indexed by the search engines, and a well tagged article will get more hits. Use the suggested tag buttons “Local tags”.
Step 5: Save Draft & Preview – at this point it’s probably good to save your draft and preview. This gives you the chance to visualize how the final article will look and make any changes before proceeding.
Step 6: Publish – when you are happy with the draft article click “Publish” and you’ve created your first post.
In case you have any suggestions, questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [2426 Views]
- POLL: Should the UK finally abandon its controversial badger cull? – [2167 Views]
- POLL: Should fox hunting legislation be repealed in the UK? – [2165 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of Grizzly Bears be banned nationwide? – [2013 Views]
- Arctic Fox and Snowy Owl Filmed Doing Strange ‘Dance’ – But Why? – [1807 Views]
- How Sea Shepherd lost battle against Japan’s whale hunters in Antarctic – [1261 Views]
- POLL: Should We Revive Extinct Species? – [1117 Views]
- POLL: Should the Cheetah be classified as “Endangered”? – [1113 Views]
- It’s a Miracle! Wisdom Lays an Egg at Age 67 – [1038 Views]
- POLL: Should drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge be banned? – [980 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7727 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [4826 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4201 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4055 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3285 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3077 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]