The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service currently is considering the most significant wildlife issue of our time: removal of Endangered Species Act protections from Yellowstone’s grizzly bear population.
This action will trigger a trophy hunting season in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Habitat and food sources for Yellowstone’s grizzlies are being profoundly impacted by climate change.
These bears are the slowest reproducing land mammal in the United States, and opening a hunting season on them while they are already struggling with the effects of climate change would be an arbitrary and capricious action that ignores the best available science, and smacks of reckless disregard for the bears’ well being.
We, the undersigned, are asking Secretary Zinke to direct his agency to maintain Endangered Species Act protections for Yellowstone’s grizzly bears.
Please sign the petition: Save the Yellowstone Grizzly – Stop the Delisting & Stop the Trophy Hunt.
Thank you for your support.
We invite you to share your opinion whether the Grizzly Bear should be removed from the Endangered Species Act? Please vote and leave your comments at the bottom of this page.
Thank you for voting.
Editorial Comment: The purpose of this poll is to highlight important wildlife conservation issues and to encourage discussion on ways to stop wildlife crime. By leaving a comment and sharing this post you can help to raise awareness. Thank you for your support.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [2426 Views]
- POLL: Should the UK finally abandon its controversial badger cull? – [2167 Views]
- POLL: Should fox hunting legislation be repealed in the UK? – [2165 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of Grizzly Bears be banned nationwide? – [2013 Views]
- Arctic Fox and Snowy Owl Filmed Doing Strange ‘Dance’ – But Why? – [1807 Views]
- How Sea Shepherd lost battle against Japan’s whale hunters in Antarctic – [1261 Views]
- POLL: Should We Revive Extinct Species? – [1117 Views]
- POLL: Should the Cheetah be classified as “Endangered”? – [1113 Views]
- It’s a Miracle! Wisdom Lays an Egg at Age 67 – [1038 Views]
- POLL: Should drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge be banned? – [980 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7727 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [4826 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4201 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4055 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3285 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3077 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]