There are various ways to insert images into articles. Here we describe how to insert one image directly from a computer. If you have a large number of images to insert, however, it may be more convenient to first upload the images in bulk from the computer to the Media Library. See important notes at the bottom of this page relating to image nomenclature, size and formats.
Please note that images straight out of your camera with a width or height exceeding 3,000 pixels may cause an HTTP error when uploading. The way to solve this is to edit the image in your image processing software and reduce the larger dimension to 3,000 pixels or below.
Step 1: Insert an Image – place your cursor on the page where you want the image to be positioned. Then click “Add Media” and the “Insert Media” window opens.
Step 2: Upload Files – click on the “Upload Files” button and another window will open. Then find the images on your computer, which you want to insert. Drag and drop these images across into the upload window. The images will automatically upload and the “Insert Media” will open again with your uploaded images in it.
Step 3: Add Title & Caption – Highlight the desired image, make sure that the “Title” and “Caption” boxes are properly filled out because both of these will be indexed and searchable by Google and other search engines. Check the desired alignment whether “Left”, “Center” or “Right”. Check the desired Size. Then click “Insert into Post”. The window will close and the image will appear in the editing window of the article.
Step 4; Save Draft, Preview & Schedule – in an earlier tutorial we described other important steps including insertion of tags, insertion of categories and scheduling. Make a final preview and if all looks good then schedule your article.
Step 5: Select Image from Media Library – if your article will contain a large number of images and if you have already uploaded them in bulk to the Media Library, then replace step 2 with step 5 instead.
1) Nomenclature – the image name can contain any of the characters in the latin alphabet or numbers. However it may not contain spaces, commas , brackets ( ) exclamation marks ! question marks ? colons semicolons ; quotes ” “ The best way to separate the letters or numbers is to use a hyphen –
2) Size – the slideshow plugin will feature your images in the original upload size. Focusing On Wildlife imposes a limit on the upload size of 1,024 pixels x 683 pixels. This size will be ideal for most internet users. When your original images are larger than this, they will be automatically re-sized during the uploading process. Smaller images will also show up well in the slideshow, but they may lack the visual appeal of the full-sized slideshow.
3) Formats – the slideshow plugin accepts image formats including BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
4) Website Style – to ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Europe’s Wolves be Rewilded? – [1413 Views]
- 7 Common Food Items Not Good for Backyard Birds – [1359 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [1137 Views]
- Coast Guard Rescues Sea Turtle Entangled Amid Bales of Cocaine – [999 Views]
- Nepal’s Last Dancing Bears Have Been Rescued – [963 Views]
- Poachers Shoot Down Sea Shepherd Drone in the Gulf of Mexico – [929 Views]
- Beak fitness: New Zealand develops roadside gym for endangered keas – [917 Views]
- POLL: Should the trafficking of Hippo Teeth be banned? – [860 Views]
- Fang trafficking to China is putting Bolivia’s jaguars in jeopardy – [803 Views]
- Florida Is ‘Raining Iguanas.’ Will The Invasive Reptiles Adapt? – [781 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7803 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4519 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4097 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [4067 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3395 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3100 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]