There are various ways to insert images into articles. Here we describe how to insert one image directly from a computer. If you have a large number of images to insert, however, it may be more convenient to first upload the images in bulk from the computer to the Media Library. See important notes at the bottom of this page relating to image nomenclature, size and formats.
Please note that images straight out of your camera with a width or height exceeding 3,000 pixels may cause an HTTP error when uploading. The way to solve this is to edit the image in your image processing software and reduce the larger dimension to 3,000 pixels or below.
Step 1: Insert an Image – place your cursor on the page where you want the image to be positioned. Then click “Add Media” and the “Insert Media” window opens.
Step 2: Upload Files – click on the “Upload Files” button and another window will open. Then find the images on your computer, which you want to insert. Drag and drop these images across into the upload window. The images will automatically upload and the “Insert Media” will open again with your uploaded images in it.
Step 3: Add Title & Caption – Highlight the desired image, make sure that the “Title” and “Caption” boxes are properly filled out because both of these will be indexed and searchable by Google and other search engines. Check the desired alignment whether “Left”, “Center” or “Right”. Check the desired Size. Then click “Insert into Post”. The window will close and the image will appear in the editing window of the article.
Step 4; Save Draft, Preview & Schedule – in an earlier tutorial we described other important steps including insertion of tags, insertion of categories and scheduling. Make a final preview and if all looks good then schedule your article.
Step 5: Select Image from Media Library – if your article will contain a large number of images and if you have already uploaded them in bulk to the Media Library, then replace step 2 with step 5 instead.
1) Nomenclature – the image name can contain any of the characters in the latin alphabet or numbers. However it may not contain spaces, commas , brackets ( ) exclamation marks ! question marks ? colons semicolons ; quotes ” “ The best way to separate the letters or numbers is to use a hyphen –
2) Size – the slideshow plugin will feature your images in the original upload size. Focusing On Wildlife imposes a limit on the upload size of 1,024 pixels x 683 pixels. This size will be ideal for most internet users. When your original images are larger than this, they will be automatically re-sized during the uploading process. Smaller images will also show up well in the slideshow, but they may lack the visual appeal of the full-sized slideshow.
3) Formats – the slideshow plugin accepts image formats including BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG.
4) Website Style – to ensure a harmonious style to the overall website, images should be posted without decoration or borders.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [2426 Views]
- POLL: Should the UK finally abandon its controversial badger cull? – [2167 Views]
- POLL: Should fox hunting legislation be repealed in the UK? – [2165 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of Grizzly Bears be banned nationwide? – [2013 Views]
- Arctic Fox and Snowy Owl Filmed Doing Strange ‘Dance’ – But Why? – [1807 Views]
- How Sea Shepherd lost battle against Japan’s whale hunters in Antarctic – [1261 Views]
- POLL: Should We Revive Extinct Species? – [1117 Views]
- POLL: Should the Cheetah be classified as “Endangered”? – [1113 Views]
- It’s a Miracle! Wisdom Lays an Egg at Age 67 – [1038 Views]
- POLL: Should drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge be banned? – [980 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7727 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [4826 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4201 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4055 Views]
- POLL: Should foxes be culled to protect domestic pets? [3799 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3285 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3077 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]