Snowy Owls lead nomadic lives and travel vast distances from year to year searching for productive feeding areas. Some years, most recently in the winter of 2011/2012, conditions cause them to come south in great numbers. Get an intimate look at these white owls from the north through video and photographs captured by the Cornell Lab’s, Gerrit Vyn.
Founder and Executive Editor
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- White Snowy Owl Spotted in Rare Sighting in Central Park!
- How Are These Rare Burrowing Owls Thriving Next to the Busy LAX Airport?
- Two Men Burned A White Owl Alive Because They Believed It Was a Witch
- 87 bird crime incidents last year and just one conviction, says RSPB
- Two Spur-winged Lapwing - Jubail
- Canaries in the coal mine? North Atlantic right whale use of key habitat changing rapidly