Illegal hunting is a widespread and serious problem in Malta, with poachers specifically targeting raptors (birds of prey) and Herons as well as rare migratory birds. This persecution reaches its peak during migration periods, when large numbers of raptors, herons and other protected species are killed by poachers.
Founder and Executive Editor
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- 87 bird crime incidents last year and just one conviction, says RSPB
- Over half the world's raptors have declining populations
- POLL: Should Malta be allowed to trap and slaughter migratory birds?
- POLL: Should Malta be sanctioned for continuing to slaughter songbirds?
- 25 Million Birds Slaughtered in Southern Europe Every Year!
- Former Hornbill Poacher Becomes a Wildlife Ranger