The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (23%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (14%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (11%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (10%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (9%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (8%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (7%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (5%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (5%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (3%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (2%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (2%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (2%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (1%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.