On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wifeto Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine,which used to be very common in this state, butunfortunatelyisthreatenednowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderfulChestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
Hooded Siskin / Sporagra magellanica
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where thisBuff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
Jefferson Silva is based in Brazil and is a project manager for software development projects. He has been birding since 2004. Jefferson has created the first Brazilian birding website, which was kept running from 2005 to 2009. He has created the birding group for Campinas and region, with around 20 members. Since 2011, Jefferson has traveled searching for new species, photographing as many as he can, and sharing all experiences, trying to make people understand how important any form of life is.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Europe’s Wolves be Rewilded? – [1413 Views]
- 7 Common Food Items Not Good for Backyard Birds – [1359 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [1137 Views]
- Coast Guard Rescues Sea Turtle Entangled Amid Bales of Cocaine – [999 Views]
- Nepal’s Last Dancing Bears Have Been Rescued – [963 Views]
- Poachers Shoot Down Sea Shepherd Drone in the Gulf of Mexico – [929 Views]
- Beak fitness: New Zealand develops roadside gym for endangered keas – [917 Views]
- POLL: Should the trafficking of Hippo Teeth be banned? – [860 Views]
- Fang trafficking to China is putting Bolivia’s jaguars in jeopardy – [803 Views]
- Florida Is ‘Raining Iguanas.’ Will The Invasive Reptiles Adapt? – [781 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7803 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4519 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4097 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [4067 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3395 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3100 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]