The highlight of our trip to Ecuador this year was seeing a family of Giant Otters. We were fortunate enough to see them on 3 separate occasions and at one point floated in our canoe about 10 yards from them as they played and fed (all behind foliage however). I did manage to capture some photos and a video from the encounters:
Alan maintains a full time job in the software industry to fund his obsession for nature and wildlife photography. While he loves photographing all wildlife, mammals and herps are his favorites. If he could split his time between Yellowstone and Latin America, he would be a happy man.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- Giant River Otters of The Rio Tres Irmaos (Three Brothers River)
- Video: Two Hungry Jaguars Are No Match for This Plucky Otter
- Brazil Pantanal day #2
- Petition: Ban Wild Animal Cafés Where Otters, Raccoons, and More are Held Captive!
- POLL: Should the online trafficking of otters in Southeast Asia be stopped?
- Brazil Pantanal Day #3 - Fish Fest