We are delighted to announce the results of our latest photo competition.
Herman Veenendaal wins First Prize with his outstanding image ‘Ruby-throated Hummingbird‘. Second Prize goes is awarded to David Taylor with “Male Lion Gazes to the Sky“. Third Prize goes to Frans Vandewalle ‘Bronze-tailed Starling”.
Please give kudos to the photographers by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.
See detailed results below:
(click on thumbnails for slideshow).
Herman Veenendaal43 votes (8.14%)
David Taylor36 votes (6.82%)
Frans Vandewalle29 votes (5.49%)
Paamul Jack26 votes (4.92%)
David DesRochers24 votes (4.55%)
Noushka Wildlife20 votes (3.79%)
Diane Stuckey18 votes (3.41%)
Herman Veenendaal17 votes (3.22%)
Diane Stuckey17 votes (3.22%)
Noushka Wildlife17 votes (3.22%)
Eduardo Delgado17 votes (3.22%)
Michel Carré17 votes (3.22%)
Noushka Wildlife16 votes (3.03%)
Michel Carré15 votes (2.84%)
Frans Vandewalle15 votes (2.84%)
Joelle Budden14 votes (2.65%)
Diana Berzina14 votes (2.65%)
Diane Stuckey13 votes (2.46%)
Evelyn Ball13 votes (2.46%)
David Taylor12 votes (2.27%)
Ragoo Rao11 votes (2.08%)
Anna Leggatt10 votes (1.89%)
Herman Veenendaal9 votes (1.7%)
Anna Leggatt9 votes (1.7%)
Ken Billington9 votes (1.7%)
Ken Billington8 votes (1.52%)
Anna Leggatt7 votes (1.33%)
Karin van Zyl7 votes (1.33%)
Paamul Jack5 votes (0.95%)
Paamul Jack4 votes (0.76%)
Ken Billington3 votes (0.57%)
Rowan Gregory | www.birder.travel3 votes (0.57%)
Frans Vandewalle3 votes (0.57%)
Jaliya Rasaputra2 votes (0.38%)
Michel Carré2 votes (0.38%)
Rowan Gregory | www.birder.travel2 votes (0.38%)
Ragoo Rao1 vote (0.19%)
Jaliya Rasaputra1 vote (0.19%)
Jaliya Rasaputra0 votes (0%)
Diana Berzina0 votes (0%)
David Taylor0 votes (0%)
The next competition starts on 31 July 2021
Winning photos will be featured on our banner
Conditions of Entry
- You have read and agree to the Terms of Service.
- You confirm that the photo copyright belongs to you.
- The photo title and descriptive fields must be completed.
- Photos in frames or with colored borders are not allowed.
- Photos of pets, captive or domestic animals are not allowed.
- Contestants can vote for their own photos but ONLY ONCE!
- Photos of paintings or drawings of wild animals are not allowed.
- Photos not in accordance with conditions of use may be excluded.
- Winning photos will also be featured on our blog’s rotating banner.
- Use of social media to manipulate or influence voting is not allowed.
- Images should not be duplicated by uploading into more than one gallery.
- Composite photos created by superimposing two or more separate photos not allowed.