River Otters are very common here in Central Florida, and I love their seemingly playful natures. They usually stay pretty far away from me, but on a few occasions, especially if I stay very still, they’ve come pretty close. My favorite photo is the one above, but for some reason, I do enjoy the shots below after a couple decided to roll around in the sand.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- Giant River Otters of The Rio Tres Irmaos (Three Brothers River)
- Video: Two Hungry Jaguars Are No Match for This Plucky Otter
- Petition: Ban Wild Animal Cafés Where Otters, Raccoons, and More are Held Captive!
- Common Goldeneye in Sanford
- Mallard 'massacre' as 100 ducks shot 'for fun' and left to die along banks of River Hull
- Petition: Protect Houdini the Bear Sentenced to Death by Authorities