A Snowy Owl Bubo scandiacus, sitting FAR back at the edge of a field in Deerfield, MA. A first sighting for me on 1/05/2014! I could use a larger glass! Still, it was such a thrill to see this marvel of an owl that I will share this blurred image anyway. The best my 70-300 Nikon without a tripod could give me. A great way to start the New Year! Happy New Year to All!
Carol Duke is an artist and farmer who has worked with the land on a Western Massachusetts hillside for over thirty years. During this time her land has evolved into a diverse wildlife habitat. Carol features the flora and fauna that live and visit her farm on her website and blog http://caroldukeflowers.com As vital wildlife habitats are destroyed daily, Carol hopes to inspire others to garden for wildlife, while becoming activists for wild places the world over. Her nature photography has appeared in magazines, books and newspapers.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- White Snowy Owl Spotted in Rare Sighting in Central Park!
- Petition: Pass “Bird-Friendly” Glass Building Ordinances
- Giant River Otters of The Rio Tres Irmaos (Three Brothers River)
- Petition: End Hare Coursing in Spain Which Kills Up To 100,000 Dogs a Year!
- Whiskered Tern at Dungeness RSPB
- Hunter Who Gunned Down 5,000 Elephants Brags About ‘Thrill’