During the last week our members have again entered some outstanding top-ranking wildlife images for the “Best Photo of the Week” competition.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and VOTE for them at the bottom of this page (to ensure fairness you must cast 3 votes). Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding.
Please leave comments at the bottom of this page.
Which 3 photos from last week did you like best of all?
- 'Striped chaos' by Johann van Heerden (11%, 41 Votes)
- 'Squeezed!' by Noushka (11%, 39 Votes)
- 'The King defending his territory' by Prasanna Bhat (10%, 37 Votes)
- 'Pacific Northwest Tree Frog' by Paul Bratescu (10%, 36 Votes)
- 'Blue Whale Tail' by Terence Land (9%, 33 Votes)
- 'Alternate reality for Neotropic Cormorant' by Glenn Perrigo (7%, 27 Votes)
- 'The Eyes - Indian Eagle Owl' by anonymous photographer (7%, 25 Votes)
- 'Riding Black River Turtle' by Freddy Madrigal (6%, 23 Votes)
- 'Cutie' Blue Tit by Anita Gowing (5%, 18 Votes)
- 'Lammergeier in flight, Ordesa National Park, Spain' by Juan Tébar (4%, 13 Votes)
- 'Rare as it comes, Spot-bellied Eagle Owl' by Vinayak Yardi (4%, 13 Votes)
- 'Fly By' by Robert Strickland (3%, 12 Votes)
- 'Common Kestrel Male' by Raj Dhage (3%, 10 Votes)
- Hunter by Silvestr Szabó (2%, 9 Votes)
- 'Common Kestrel Female' by Nikhil Fuge (2%, 7 Votes)
- 'Kestrel' by Sidney O'Neill (2%, 6 Votes)
- 'Angelina Lips Drumming in The Sun' by Paamul Jack (1%, 5 Votes)
- 'Mottled Wood Owl' by Karunakanth (1%, 5 Votes)
- 'Subtle Beauty' by Sean (1%, 4 Votes)
- 'Eagle in Flight' by Calvin May (1%, 3 Votes)
- 'Southern Alligator Lizard' by Andrew Butterfield (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 132
Now that you’ve voted, submit your photo for:
Don’t delay! Do it today.
Conditions of Entry
1) The photo must have been taken by you, and you own the copyright.
2) The photo description must include a caption and your name.
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per person.
4) Photos of pets, captive or domesticated animals are not allowed.
5) Photos not in accordance with conditions of entry may be excluded.
6) Winning photos will also be featured on our blog’s rotating banner.
7) Voters casting only 1 vote (instead of 3) may have their vote disqualified.
8) You have read and agree to our Terms of Service.