During the last week our members have again entered some outstanding top-ranking wildlife images for the “Best Photo of the Week” competition.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and VOTE for them at the bottom of this page (to ensure fairness you must cast 3 votes). Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding.
Please leave comments at the bottom of this page.
Which 3 photos from last week did you like best of all?
- Oropendola Montezuma by Petr Bambousek (11%, 43 Votes)
- Bluebirds by Robert Strickland (10%, 42 Votes)
- A flock of Pied Avocets by Michalis Kotsakis (10%, 41 Votes)
- Brazilian Ruby by Jarbas Mattos (8%, 32 Votes)
- Mergus merganser by Silvestr Szabó (7%, 30 Votes)
- Screech owl napping by Herman Veenendaal (6%, 23 Votes)
- Bold Colors (Painted Bunting) by Howard Cheek (6%, 23 Votes)
- Araripe Manakin-Antilophia bokermanni by Thiago Silva (5%, 22 Votes)
- Barred Owl by Jaliya Rasaputra (5%, 21 Votes)
- Roar by Nitin Jain (4%, 17 Votes)
- Bison fight by Myer Bornstein (4%, 17 Votes)
- Grassland hunter poise to attack by Vinayak Yardi (3%, 12 Votes)
- Napolean buzzard! by Noushka Lavril (2%, 10 Votes)
- Kanyonyi the Silverback munching by Erika Schroedersecker (2%, 10 Votes)
- Yellow-headed Blackbird by Paul Marto (2%, 10 Votes)
- Wild Landing! by Beachbunny (2%, 9 Votes)
- Turkey Vulture wing maintenance by Glenn Perrigo (2%, 8 Votes)
- Bee eater by Katie Wood (2%, 8 Votes)
- Saddle-billed Stork by Exposuretours (2%, 7 Votes)
- Sun on my back by Eric Hamilton (1%, 6 Votes)
- Tui by Imogen Warren (1%, 4 Votes)
- The Long Tailed Shrike by Ronit Dutta (1%, 3 Votes)
- Opossum by Joellec (1%, 3 Votes)
- Jewel from Brazil by Andrew Whittaker (1%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 142
Now that you’ve voted, submit your photo for:
Don’t delay! Do it today.
Conditions of Entry
1) The photo must have been taken by you, and you own the copyright.
2) The photo description must include a caption and your name.
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per person.
4) Photos of pets, captive or domesticated animals are not allowed.
5) Photos not in accordance with conditions of entry may be excluded.
6) Winning photos will also be featured on our blog’s rotating banner.
7) Voters casting only 1 vote (instead of 3) may have their vote disqualified.
8) You have read and agree to our Terms of Service.