Welcome to the “Best Photo of the Year 2014” competition showcasing and celebrating the biodiversity of Planet Earth.
This week’s featured image: Cuban Trogon (Priotelus temnurus) perched on a branch in Cuba by Glenn Bartley
Voting is easy and lots of fun. First click an image and browse through the slideshow.
Then select the three images you like best of all and click the VOTE button at the bottom of the page. After registering your vote you will be able to see the current status of the voting.
Please leave any comments you might have at the bottom of this page.
Karen Jenderedjian170 votes (11.31%)
Michael Tweddle134 votes (8.92%)
Michael Tweddle111 votes (7.39%)
Ashton Beney93 votes (6.19%)
Michael Tweddle93 votes (6.19%)
Vijayendra Desai62 votes (4.13%)
Don Getty61 votes (4.06%)
Walter Nussbaumer57 votes (3.79%)
Silvestr Szabó52 votes (3.46%)
Robert Strickland51 votes (3.39%)
Michael Tweddle51 votes (3.39%)
Ruth Thiessen46 votes (3.06%)
Noushka Wildlife45 votes (2.99%)
David Courtenay42 votes (2.79%)
Dave Richards39 votes (2.59%)
Pam Mullins37 votes (2.46%)
Harry Eggens36 votes (2.4%)
Candice Botha35 votes (2.33%)
Ester van der Merwe35 votes (2.33%)
Nancy Elwood34 votes (2.26%)
Jose Maurtua32 votes (2.13%)
Nitin Jain27 votes (1.8%)
Dave Richards27 votes (1.8%)
Johann Van Heerden27 votes (1.8%)
Howard Cheek26 votes (1.73%)
Jim Ehle23 votes (1.53%)
Nitin Jain23 votes (1.53%)
Jonathan Serrano19 votes (1.26%)
Petr Bambousek15 votes (1%)
|The next competition starts on 03 Jan 2014|
|Winning photos will be featured on our banner
Conditions of Entry
- You have read and agree to the Terms of Service
- You confirm that the photo copyright belongs to you.
- The photo title and descriptive fields must be completed.
- Photos in frames or with colored borders are not allowed.
- Photos of pets, captive or domestic animals are not allowed.
- Photos not in accordance with conditions of use may be excluded.
- Winning photos will also be featured on our blog’s rotating banner.
- Images should not be duplicated by uploading into more than one gallery.
- Composite photos created by superimposing two or more separate photos not allowed.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Europe’s Wolves be Rewilded? – [1413 Views]
- 7 Common Food Items Not Good for Backyard Birds – [1359 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [1137 Views]
- Coast Guard Rescues Sea Turtle Entangled Amid Bales of Cocaine – [999 Views]
- Nepal’s Last Dancing Bears Have Been Rescued – [963 Views]
- Poachers Shoot Down Sea Shepherd Drone in the Gulf of Mexico – [929 Views]
- Beak fitness: New Zealand develops roadside gym for endangered keas – [917 Views]
- POLL: Should the trafficking of Hippo Teeth be banned? – [860 Views]
- Fang trafficking to China is putting Bolivia’s jaguars in jeopardy – [803 Views]
- Florida Is ‘Raining Iguanas.’ Will The Invasive Reptiles Adapt? – [781 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7803 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4519 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4097 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [4067 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3395 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3100 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]