Barred Owls are one of our more common owls. There are several near my home, so I get to see them pretty frequently. They are one of the first birds I photographed here after moving to Florida.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- How Are These Rare Burrowing Owls Thriving Next to the Busy LAX Airport?
- Quality timing
- Petition: Johns Hopkins University Is Tormenting Owls in a Basement
- Lawsuit Launched to Overturn Trump Administration’s Denial of Protection to California Spotted Owls
- Petition: Johns Hopkins Experimenter Scrambles Barn Owls’ Brains—Help Stop Him
- Sleepy Owls, Hoodies and Dogs On Skateboards