For more more up to the minute news on bird conservation issues, check my “Birds in the News” page, brought to you by the American Bird Conservancy. You will also find posts on local birds and birding in California on my blog The Birder’s Report.
Larry Jordan is an avid birder and amateur photographer living on the Pacific Flyway near the Central Valley of Northern California. He is a board member of his local Audubon Society and is a bird and wildlife conservationist. Larry contributes to several wildlife conservation organizations and is a BirdLife International "Species Champion." He is also Habitat Manager for the Burrowing Owl Conservation Network, an organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of the Western Burrowing Owl population in the United States. Larry has been blogging about birds since September of 2007 at TheBirdersReport.com
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- POLL: Should China impose strict regulations on bird poaching?
- Petition: Uphold the Migratory Bird Treaty Act!
- 5 of the Rarest Birds & Where to Find Them
- POLL: Is it cruel to set up nets that prevent birds nesting?
- POLL: Should the Migratory Bird Treaty Act remain in place and be enforced?
- US and Canada have lost three billion birds since 1970