This is one of the craziest videos of snakes I have ever seen. Like no joke. I’ve seen lots of videos of snakes, some…kind of cute? And others not so much. But this video of snakes made my jaw hit the floor! Seriously, it’s amazing! This man is pulling DOZENS of snakes out of this hole in this snake video…you just have to see it!
When I first heard of this video, I was like…ummmm, no. No thanks. I am not a big fan of snakes. I suspect it is mutual. Most of us run away from snakes, but this South African man goes after them hands first.
A fearless snake catcher has been filmed sticking his hand into an underground nest and pulling out dozens of wriggling baby pythons – with the rescue leaving him bleeding in the process.
Cor Viljoen, 39, was called by a farmer to move the nest after dozens of hatched eggshells were found for fear of the snakes being killed by scared workers.
Footage shows Cor, who works at Klein Kariba resort in Bala-Bala, South Africa, kneeling by the sandy lair, sticking his hand into the deep hole and pulling out handfuls of the slithering serpents.
The safari guide claimed that while he hadn’t being expecting so many snakes, he wasn’t scared as they felt like ‘handfuls of spaghetti’ – but had to check the five-metre mother was not home first.
Take a look!
How incredible is it to know there’s someone out there willing to risk life and limb rescuing animals most of us would run away from?
Definitely a brave man, and seeing him rescue so many was truly incredible.
I have to admit when I set about to find related posts on Kids Activities Blog that relate to snakes, I was afraid we didn’t have any…did I mention I am not a huge fan of snakes? But surprisingly, there are some really cute snakes around and we have them. No danger involved!
- Make a snake craft – these beaded snakes are super easy to make and really cute.
- S is for Snake craft and Letter S coloring page – celebrate learning the letter S with this fun idea for preschoolers. If you are looking or more ways to learn the letter S <–we have a massive learning resource area for learning the alphabet!
- Make a paper plate snake!
- This idea is really genius for recycling toilet paper rolls – make a papersnake!
This super fun science idea is to use static electricity to make an electric snake.
- This craft is a great fine motor activity for toddlers, a button snake!
- Make a rainbow loom snake charm…it is adorable.
- I also love this pinecone snake craft.
- Or what about a snake snack – for kids, not snakes!
See, I told you. We are way snake-ier here at Kids Activities Blog than I ever expected!
This article by Mary Malcolm was first published by Kids Activities Blog on 5 August 2023. Lead Image: Snakes. You either love them or not…
What you can do
Support ‘Fighting for Wildlife’ by donating as little as $1 – It only takes a minute. Thank you.
Fighting for Wildlife supports approved wildlife conservation organizations, which spend at least 80 percent of the money they raise on actual fieldwork, rather than administration and fundraising. When making a donation you can designate for which type of initiative it should be used – wildlife, oceans, forests or climate.