Welcome to the Focusing on Wildlife Galleries
Discover and share outstanding wildlife images.
Join the discussions and upload your own photos.
The Oriental Small-clawed Otter (Aonyx cinerea), also known as Asian Small-clawed Otter, is the smallest otter species in the world. The Oriental Small-clawed Otter is found in mangrove swamps and freshwater wetlands of Bangladesh, Burma, India, southern China, Taiwan, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. It prefers to live near water. The Asian small clawed otter lives in shallow rivers and marshes in asia.
The Barbary macaque (Macaca sylvanus), Barbary ape, or magot is a species of macaque unique for its distribution outside Asia and for its vestigial tail. Found in the Atlas Mountains of Algeria and Morocco along with a small population that were introduced from Morocco to Gibraltar, the Barbary macaque is one of the best-known Old World monkey species.
The cat (Felis catus), also known as the domestic cat or house cat to distinguish it from other felines and felids, is a small predatory carnivorous species of crepuscular mammal that is valued by humans for its companionship and its ability to hunt vermin, snakes, scorpions, and other unwanted household pests. It has been associated with humans for at least 9,500 years.
The Northern Mminke Whale, (Balaenoptera acutorostrata), is a species of minke whale within the suborder of baleen whales. The non-dwarf forms live in the north Atlantic and north Pacific Oceans. The Scammon form is also from the north Pacific. The dwarf form has a distribution completely separate from the other forms, living in southern oceans, and has a distribution generally north of the Antarctic species, although there is some overlap.
The Red Deer (Cervus elaphus) is one of the largest deer species. The Red Deer inhabits most of Europe, the Caucasus Mountains region, Asia Minor and parts of western and central Asia. It also inhabits the Atlas Mountains region between Morocco and Tunisia in northwestern Africa, being the only species of deer to inhabit Africa.
The wild boar (Sus scrofa) is a true native species to Britain; today the UK is currently home to a number of small wild boar populations, these mainly being confined to suitable habitats: woodlands, moors and other secluded spots in the South of England. They were popular in history as a favourite festive meat for the Royals; as a result of this and regular hunting, they became extinct throughout Britain during the 13th century.
Share this page with your friends
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should circus animal exploitation be banned in England? – [1210 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts – [1075 Views]
- POLL: Should Europe’s Wolves be Rewilded? – [1037 Views]
- Anti-bird tree spikes: we love cars so much, we destroy nature for them – [1003 Views]
- Coast Guard Rescues Sea Turtle Entangled Amid Bales of Cocaine – [999 Views]
- How Do Squirrels Deal With Cold? They May Not Feel It Like Us – [974 Views]
- Nepal’s Last Dancing Bears Have Been Rescued – [957 Views]
- Poachers Shoot Down Sea Shepherd Drone in the Gulf of Mexico – [925 Views]
- Beak fitness: New Zealand develops roadside gym for endangered keas – [899 Views]
- Florida Is ‘Raining Iguanas.’ Will The Invasive Reptiles Adapt? – [778 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should hunting with hounds be banned? – [7792 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farming? – [4507 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of bears and wolves be banned? – [4091 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [3946 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan be sanctioned for slaughtering dolphins and whales? – [3395 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers in the UK be finally stopped? – [3100 Views]
- POLL: Should the cruel sport of bullfighting be banned? [2873 Views]
- POLL: Should Canada ban the hunting of seals? [2667 Views]
- POLL: Should the Tories be allowed to bring back fox hunting? [2578 Views]
- POLL: Should wild elephants be sold to Chinese zoos? [2322 Views]