Every year, 100,000 albatrosses are killed needlessly by drowning on the end of fishing hooks. 19 of the 22 species of albatross in the world are threatened with extinction, largely because of long-line fishing. If you can help us act now, the Save the Albatross campaign can help stop these magnificent birds from becoming extinct. Your money can fund the Albatross Task Force teams and their urgent work to train fishermen to keep seabirds off the hook. We need your help.
Founder and Executive Editor
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- Petition: Sustainable tuna? There’s a catch
- Ambitious plan to remove "mega-mice" to save millions of seabirds
- Wisdom, the World’s Oldest Wild Bird, Hatches Another Chick
- New Zealand's new plan to save our seabirds is strong on rhetoric but light on action
- POLL: Should fishermen in Peru be allowed to continue slaughtering dolphins? Shocking Video!
- Petition: Justice for Greenland Shark Whose Tail Was Cut Off by Laughing Fishermen