Flying fish (Cheilopogon melanurus) are so desperate to lay their eggs deep in the centre of a floating palm frond that many of them become stuck. Unable to escape, these dead weights sink the life raft and down they all go, to Davy Jones’ locker.
Founder and Executive Editor
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- Ocean floor rover finds large shark nursery in Irish waters
- Endangered Hawaiian monk seals face new challenge: eels stuck up their noses
- Petition: Uphold the Migratory Bird Treaty Act!
- Decapitated bear found amid ‘frenzy of poaching’ in Oregon, officials say
- California Pioneers a New Way to Manage Fish for Birds
- Could a million freshwater turtles help clean up some of Australia's polluted rivers? A team of scientists believes, they could!