The Wood Ducks on Grassy Lake, the pond by my office parking lot, are now the proud parents of four little ducklings. This morning I saw the mom with the four ducklings, and as she swam around thelilypads, the ducklings would walk on top of them following her around. It looked like they only entered the water to get to anotherlilypad. The dad was on the other side of the lake with his wallet showing all the other birds his photos and handing out cigars.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Fudge Duck on Holyfield Lake
- Cyprus urged to ban hunting at coast to protect flamingoes from shotgun pellets
- Potential Costs of Declining Water Levels at Great Salt Lake Could be in the Billions
- Proposed Bear River Development Would Be Detrimental to People and Birds
- Dog Saves Fawn From Drowning, Now They’re Inseparable
- Common Goldeneye in Sanford