I came home early today to watch my daughter while my wife is out of town. It’s a nice day outside so I opened up the front door and turned on a fan to get some air blowing in my home. After I began working, I heard a bird I hadn’t heard in a while–it was a Yellow-throated Vireo! I ran outside with my camera and found the bird in a tree in my neighbors yard. I took a few pictures for about 5 minutes. Okay, now back to work.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Serin at Littlestone and a first for London
- Quiet morning at Minsmere
- 'He's like Al Capone': turkey on the loose ruffles feathers in Rhode Island town
- Woman killed by bear was on phone to father during attack in Canada
- Winter birding - Haradh
- 'Something fishy': penguins detained by New Zealand police after sushi shop stakeout