The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the export of elephants to China be banned? [1994 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of badgers be allowed to continue? [1370 Views]
- New year, new birds: 10 newly-recognised species [1037 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of Borneo’s pygmy elephants be stopped? [1014 Views]
- POLL: Should Arab sheikhs be allowed to hunt bustards? [907 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [891 Views]
- New Estimate: There are Over 18,000 Bird Species on Earth [710 Views]
- POLL: Should neonicotinoid pesticides be banned to save our bees? [710 Views]
- Kissing cows are to blame for bovine TB – so stop this bloody badger cull [693 Views]
- POLL: Should Poland’s bison hunting plan be allowed to go ahead? [667 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41987 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16711 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [13927 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13692 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11106 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [9730 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8542 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8291 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8033 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7356 Views]