The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [3767 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [2145 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [713 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [681 Views]
- Iceland’s Seabird Colonies Are Vanishing, With “Massive” Chick Deaths » [571 Views]
- Barn owls ‘threatened’ by new legislation » [438 Views]
- The 1,300 Bird Species Facing Extinction Signal Threats to Human Health » [433 Views]
- Russia Stops Japanese Whaling Ship Dead In Its Tracks » [402 Views]
- Scientists uncover five new species of ‘toupee’ monkeys in the Amazon » [381 Views]
- POLL: Should the Monk Parakeet be eradicated in the UK? » [367 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12362 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7979 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7938 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7115 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5645 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [5265 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4858 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4723 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4269 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [4214 Views]