The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Poll: Should animals be trophy hunted to support conservation? » [716 Views]
- Poll: Should wolves be slaughtered to save caribou? » [440 Views]
- Video: Camera traps capture rare footage of wild bonobos » [433 Views]
- Video: Can We Stop Millions of Birds From Crashing Into Windows? » [426 Views]
- Video: Christmas Island’s Incredible Red Crab Migration » [384 Views]
- Video: Panda Playing in Snow Goes Viral » [376 Views]
- Awe-inspiring images of birds by Ofer Levy » [375 Views]
- Video: Gamekeeper jailed in Scotland for killing bird of prey » [360 Views]
- How Killer Fungus Burns Up Bats From the Inside » [340 Views]
- Rare Shark That Inspired Sea Monster Myths Is Caught » [333 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10695 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7994 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4712 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4472 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4022 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3406 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [3086 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [2934 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2913 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2810 Views]