The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Poll: Should hunting of black bears in Florida be allowed? » [2018 Views]
- In Photos: “Drunk” mountain gorilla punches wildlife photographer » [1178 Views]
- Inaguan Lyretail: Scientists Unveil New Species of Hummingbird » [1136 Views]
- Poll: Should the illegal trapping of birds in Cyprus be stopped? » [765 Views]
- Hilarious Video: Attenborough interrupted by Bird of Paradise » [753 Views]
- Owl attacks joggers and steals their hats » [668 Views]
- Fishermen get crafty to circumvent shark fin ban » [650 Views]
- Poll: Should Zimbabwe be allowed to export baby elephants? » [625 Views]
- Desert Tawny Owl: New Species of Bird Discovered » [599 Views]
- Video: Superb Owl Sunday » [589 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10682 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [4439 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4115 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [3774 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [3477 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [2917 Views]
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [2783 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [2657 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [2650 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [2450 Views]