The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [4220 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [3775 Views]
- POLL: Should the rhino horn trade in South Africa be banned? [3107 Views]
- POLL: Should Japan stop whaling? [2724 Views]
- POLL: Should tiger farming and trade in tiger parts be banned? [2634 Views]
- Wild Tigers of India – in Battle! [2028 Views]
- POLL: Should cruel hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [2013 Views]
- Nepal’s extinct bird spotted after disappearing for 178 years [1948 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [1877 Views]
- Arctic foxes ‘grow’ their own gardens [1447 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [15267 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? [14335 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? [9947 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? [7717 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? [6762 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6137 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? [5880 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? [5702 Views]
- POLL: Should ‘canned’ lion hunting be banned? [5683 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [5400 Views]