The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [4186 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [4146 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of birds in southern Europe be stopped? » [2475 Views]
- Dive-bombing kingfisher’s underwater hunt caught on camera » [2378 Views]
- POLL: Is Florida’s Bear Hunt Necessary? » [1982 Views]
- POLL: Should the trapping of songbirds in Malta be stopped? » [1896 Views]
- Scientist under attack after he kills bird that took decades to find » [1746 Views]
- Video: Meet the Dog Trained to Take Down Poachers » [1046 Views]
- Poll: Should wolves be slaughtered to save caribou? » [997 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming in Finland be banned? » [892 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14262 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11306 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [9800 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8456 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8134 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [6710 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [6078 Views]
- POLL: Should whales and dolphins be kept in captivity for our entertainment? » [5278 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4554 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4135 Views]