The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [3851 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? » [2825 Views]
- POLL: Should the Spanish bullfighting tradition be banned? » [2183 Views]
- POLL: Should the grey squirrel be culled to protect the red squirrel? » [1519 Views]
- POLL: Should there be an international agreement to protect the arctic? » [1430 Views]
- POLL: Should the export of baby elephants to China be stopped? » [1423 Views]
- After 60 million years of extreme living, seabirds are crashing » [1390 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [1315 Views]
- POLL: Should “Drive Hunt” Slaughter of Wildlife be Banned? » [1310 Views]
- POLL: Should the illegal slaughter of songbirds in Cyprus be stopped? » [1297 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14070 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11285 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8378 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8020 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5552 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [5418 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4763 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4342 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? » [4034 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf hunting contest in Idaho be stopped? » [3918 Views]