The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [1917 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [1891 Views]
- POLL: Can lion trophy hunting support conservation? » [1829 Views]
- 25 million songbirds slaughtered each year in the Mediterranean » [1480 Views]
- POLL: When bears kill humans should they be slaughtered? » [1450 Views]
- Night parrot capture and tagging hailed as ‘holy grail’ moment for bird lovers » [1416 Views]
- POLL: Should badger culls be abandoned once and for all? » [1384 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [1376 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dallas Safari Club Auction be stopped? » [1365 Views]
- Rare Picture: Blackbird “Rides” Hawk » [1243 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [13856 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11224 Views]
- » POLL: Should the ban on fox hunting be relaxed in the UK? [10750 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7947 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [7643 Views]
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned in South Africa? » [4992 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [4707 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4197 Views]
- POLL: Should the ban on South Africa’s horn trade be lifted? » [3502 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [3489 Views]