The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should the Alberta coyote hunting contest be stopped? – [3834 Views]
- » POLL: Should “pay to slay” auctions be banned? [2775 Views]
- » POLL: Should the use of animals in circuses be stopped? [2456 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf be delisted in more American states? – [2357 Views]
- » POLL: Should the wolf cull in Finland be stopped? [2149 Views]
- POLL: Should the trapping of bobcats and beavers be banned? – [1525 Views]
- POLL: Should the National Wildlife Crime Unit be properly funded by the British Government? – [1427 Views]
- » POLL: Should the wolf cull in Ontario be stopped? [905 Views]
- POLL: Should Yahoo be sanctioned for aiding the slaughter of elephants? – [887 Views]
- POLL: Should the ivory trade in South Africa be legalized? – [879 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should lion canned hunting be banned? » [14291 Views]
- POLL: Should the trophy hunting of giraffes be banned? » [11211 Views]
- POLL: Should hare coursing be banned in Ireland? » [9906 Views]
- POLL: Should wildlife hunting contests be permitted in Idaho? » [8239 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [8108 Views]
- POLL: Should Africa’s poachers be shot on sight? » [6724 Views]
- POLL: Should the slaughter of wolves in British Columbia be banned? » [5978 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? | [5394 Views]
- POLL: Should whales and dolphins be kept in captivity for our entertainment? » [5278 Views]
- POLL: Should the wolf cull in Ontario be stopped? – [4649 Views]