The bar has been raised yet again in our “Best Wildlife Photo of the Week” competition. We have some captivating images of birds, mammals, insects and an amphibian from the Americas, Africa, Europe and Australasia for you to choose from.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and vote for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Thanks in advance for supporting this “Best Photo of the Week Competition”.
Which 3 photos from last week do you like best of all?
- Cheetah by Raymond Barlow (63%, 31 Votes)
- Millipede by Rick Lieder (37%, 18 Votes)
- Parrots and Swifts by Marc Johnson (29%, 14 Votes)
- Arctic Tern by Ron McCombe (27%, 13 Votes)
- Steller’s Sea Eagle in flight by Adam Riley (24%, 12 Votes)
- Banded Pitta by Alex Vargas (22%, 11 Votes)
- Oropendola by Don Getty (18%, 9 Votes)
- European Turtle Dove by Jem Babbington (14%, 7 Votes)
- Female Belted Kingfisher by Larry Jordan (12%, 6 Votes)
- Platypus by Alberto Vale (8%, 4 Votes)
- Hummingbird Clearwing by Steven Scott (4%, 2 Votes)
- American Toad by Nina Stavlund (4%, 2 Votes)
- Walking Stick by Jill Wussow (4%, 2 Votes)
- Eastern Phoebe by Carol Duke (2%, 1 Votes)
- Brown Creeper by Peter Tait (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 49
Best Photo of the Week – Conditions of Entry
1) Entries will be selected from articles posted during the previous week
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per author / contributor.
3) Any person can propose photos for entry by sending an e-mail to the webmaster.
4) In the absence of entry proposals the webmaster will make the selection.
5) Winning photos will be featured on our banner.
Leave a Comment
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Israel leads the way using Barn Owls and Kestrels to replace Rodenticides » [1646 Views]
- POLL: Should spring hunting on Malta be stopped? » [975 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [726 Views]
- Drone Captures Stunning Birds’-eye Video of Dolphin Superpod » [725 Views]
- How a River Otter Can Bag an Alligator for Lunch » [622 Views]
- POLL: Should the US ban the import and export of tiger bone wine? » [617 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [531 Views]
- HELP migrating birds WIN the “Race for Conservation” today » [471 Views]
- Europe approves vet drug that killed off almost all of Asia’s vultures » [445 Views]
- New York Backtracks on Plans to Eradicate Mute Swans » [432 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33593 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27278 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [11863 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [11338 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7947 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7664 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6974 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5228 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5164 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [4881 Views]