On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wife to Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine, which used to be very common in this state, but unfortunately is threatened nowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderful Chestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where this Buff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Bison return to Germany after 300 year absence » Focusing on Wildlife [334 Views]
- Billions of cicadas to invade US east coast after 17 years underground » Focusing on Wildlife [304 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » Focusing on Wildlife [289 Views]
- Beautiful striped bat is the “find of a lifetime” (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [278 Views]
- Best Photo of the Week Competition 18 May 2013 » Focusing on Wildlife [275 Views]
- Are seagulls killing whales in Patagonia? » Focusing on Wildlife [270 Views]
- New insect discovered in Brazil, only third known in its bizarre family (photos) » Focusing on Wildlife [248 Views]
- Amur leopard population rises to 50 animals, but at risk from tigers, poachers » Focusing on Wildlife [223 Views]
- Government licensed secret buzzard egg destruction, documents reveal » Focusing on Wildlife [213 Views]
- Elephants massacred for ivory in Central African Republic » Focusing on Wildlife [196 Views]
Explore These Popular Posts From Last Year
- Shocking Amur Falcon Massacre in Nagaland » [1830 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [1657 Views]
- Orange County (California) Birds of Prey » [1222 Views]
- Please promote our logo for wildlife conservation » [1206 Views]
- NATURE “Magic of the Snowy Owl” – Preview – PBS » [1041 Views]
- Insects » [1004 Views]
- Gorillas Win vs. Poachers » [959 Views]
- Wildlife Slaughter in South Dakota » [585 Views]
- Interview with Steve Mills, Award Winning Photographer » [511 Views]
- The Golden Eagle in Scotland – As climatic changes take hold, what future awaits these iconic raptors in the 21st Century? » [504 Views]