On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wife to Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine, which used to be very common in this state, but unfortunately is threatened nowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderful Chestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where this Buff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- Join the 1st World Giraffe Day and help save these gentle giants » [783 Views]
- Shot Egyptian vulture leads conservationists to bizarre black-market for bird parts » [603 Views]
- Cuckoos’ shameless egg-laying tactics revealed » [459 Views]
- Japan kills 30 minke whales in first hunt since UN court order » [441 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [430 Views]
- Albatross Internet Darling Takes First Flight » [366 Views]
- Elachuridae: Ornithologists Describe New Family of Passerine Birds » [349 Views]
- Software can decode bird songs » [316 Views]
- Threatened Species ‘Red List’ Warns 90 Percent of Lemur Species Face Extinction » [315 Views]
- Video: Polar Bear Cam Provides Unique View into Arctic Life » [314 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [33741 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [27995 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [12169 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12097 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [9859 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7862 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [6998 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [5526 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5269 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5096 Views]