On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wife to Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine, which used to be very common in this state, but unfortunately is threatened nowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderful Chestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where this Buff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- 13 newly-discovered birds declared extinct » [748 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [739 Views]
- Iceland’s Seabird Colonies Are Vanishing, With “Massive” Chick Deaths » [545 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [481 Views]
- The 1,300 Bird Species Facing Extinction Signal Threats to Human Health » [411 Views]
- Russia Stops Japanese Whaling Ship Dead In Its Tracks » [379 Views]
- Barn owls ‘threatened’ by new legislation » [356 Views]
- Beavers are mysteriously back in Britain – but not entirely welcome! » [345 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [312 Views]
- Petition: Russia, Stop Wild Orca Captures! » [312 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [12259 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [11671 Views]
- POLL: Should the Faroe Islands’ whale slaughter be allowed to continue? » [7930 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [7461 Views]
- POLL: Should the fox-hunting laws in the UK be relaxed? » [7015 Views]
- POLL: Should the Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji Cove be stopped? » [5638 Views]
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [5488 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [5203 Views]
- Komodo and its Dragons » [4668 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4394 Views]