On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wife to Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine, which used to be very common in this state, but unfortunately is threatened nowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderful Chestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where this Buff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
You may also like:
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- » [2554 Views]
- PETITION: Stop the massive slaughter of migratory birds in Egypt! » [1822 Views]
- POLL: Should canned hunting in Arizona be banned? » [1710 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [1229 Views]
- If You Care About Birds, Watch This 4-Minute Video » [1171 Views]
- ‘Lost’ bird rediscovered in New Caledonia along with 16 potentially new species » [1164 Views]
- » [1105 Views]
- » [1096 Views]
- » [952 Views]
- 6 Reasons You Should Be Drinking “Bird-Friendly” Coffee » [881 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- POLL: Should the Slaughter of Grouse be allowed to continue? » [32406 Views]
- POLL: Should bear hunting be banned in the US? » [25886 Views]
- Massive Bird Slaughter Around the Mediterranean – Shocking Photos » [11376 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s shameful tiger farms be closed down? » [9682 Views]
- Petition: Stop Lion Canned Hunting in South Africa – Shocking Video » [6677 Views]
- POLL: Should the trial cull of badgers go ahead? » [4362 Views]
- Trophy Hunting in Africa – Wildlife Slaughter in Graphic Images » [4317 Views]
- Wildlife Photography – Ethics and Conservation Issues? » [4242 Views]
- Cyclist Has Amazing Encounter with a Mountain Lion in Los Angeles » [3842 Views]
- Egypt is the Worst Place to Be a Migratory Bird – Shocking Video » [3575 Views]