On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wifeto Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine,which used to be very common in this state, butunfortunatelyisthreatenednowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderfulChestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
Hooded Siskin / Sporagra magellanica
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where thisBuff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Jefferson Silva is based in Brazil and is a project manager for software development projects. He has been birding since 2004. Jefferson has created the first Brazilian birding website, which was kept running from 2005 to 2009. He has created the birding group for Campinas and region, with around 20 members. Since 2011, Jefferson has traveled searching for new species, photographing as many as he can, and sharing all experiences, trying to make people understand how important any form of life is.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should buzzards be killed to protect pheasants? [1556 Views]
- POLL: Should Namibia’s cape fur seal trade be banned? [911 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [700 Views]
- Video: Great White Shark breaks into diver’s cage [691 Views]
- New Zealand kea, the world’s only alpine parrot, faces extinction [669 Views]
- China accused of defying its own ban on breeding tigers to profit from body parts [580 Views]
- POLL: Should wild animals be kept in zoos? [452 Views]
- POLL: Should all countries worldwide ban the trade in elephant ivory? [445 Views]
- POLL: Should ticket sales to cruel wildlife attractions be banned? [428 Views]
- POLL: Should the illegal trade in hornbill ivory be stopped? [427 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41885 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16608 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14031 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13404 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11085 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8430 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8281 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8270 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8012 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7287 Views]