On last holiday, Jun 8th, I travelled with my wifeto Guarapuava, Paraná state.
It was pretty cold, 8 degrees Celcius, which is too cold to me. I visited the Parque das Araucáreas, a local park that still preserves the Araucaria angustifolia, or Parana pine,which used to be very common in this state, butunfortunatelyisthreatenednowadays.
Inside the park, everything was too quiet.
But in the few moments I could hear something, this wonderfulChestnut-headed Tanager called just besides where I was. It was feeding itself, then I was able to get some pictures.
On the other day, June 9th, I got the road that takes to the São Francisco waterfall. Again, it was too cold, cloudy. But I could see this two pretty birds.
Hooded Siskin / Sporagra magellanica
During the afternoon, I went to a corner inside the city, where thisBuff-necked Ibis usually spend the afternoon feeding.
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Jefferson Silva is based in Brazil and is a project manager for software development projects. He has been birding since 2004. Jefferson has created the first Brazilian birding website, which was kept running from 2005 to 2009. He has created the birding group for Campinas and region, with around 20 members. Since 2011, Jefferson has traveled searching for new species, photographing as many as he can, and sharing all experiences, trying to make people understand how important any form of life is.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should Finland’s 235 wolves be culled? [1641 Views]
- POLL: Should all tiger farms in China be closed down? [1621 Views]
- POLL: Should the Wildlife Trust’s campaign to slaughter grey squirrels be stopped? [1609 Views]
- POLL: Should Trump disband USDA Wildlife “Killing” Services? [1219 Views]
- POLL: Should more bear hunting licenses be issued? [1152 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [967 Views]
- POLL: Should Australia’s feral cats be culled? [824 Views]
- POLL: Could U.S. endangered species rules go extinct under Trump? [727 Views]
- Why do birds sing? [634 Views]
- An elk’s-eye view of migrating through Yellowstone [569 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [42056 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16800 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13853 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11117 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8614 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8309 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [8116 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8048 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7417 Views]
- Wildlife Photo Adventure in Costa Rica! [6115 Views]