Yesterday I received some wonderful news!! I placed First in the Baby Animals category, Pro level, of the 2011 National Wildlife Federation Photo Contest, with the image shown. With so many excellent photographers out there, I feel privileged to have been given this award! I am passionate about trying to capture the best in our natural world and hope in so doing showing people how special the natural world is to us all!
Nancy Elwood is a Florida based professional nature and wildlife photographer. Her interest in the natural world started as a child reading and watching National Geographic. After graduating from Florida State University School of Nursing, she developed her interest in photography travelling with several National Geographic photographers to Africa, Antarctica and the Falkland Islands. With them she started to hone her skills in capturing natures wonders through a camera lens. Nancy now, when not in the field, shows her work in juried art shows and runs photography workshops.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Jizan to Al Namas: A Saudi Birding Epic
- British Columbia’s looming extinction crisis
- Fashions to die for: The fur trade’s role in spreading zoonotic disease
- ‘Don’t let your cat outside’: Q&A with author Peter Christie
- How wildlife crossings in Canada are inspiring safer roads for global species
- Landscape of fear: why we need the wolf - The Long Read