We have many Red-shouldered Hawks here, and I always enjoy seeing them. In Florida we get to enjoy our own variety of Red-shouldered Hawks with an overall lighter plumage than eastern and western varieties.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Harris’s Hawks Hunt Like Wolves to Bring Down Dangerous Prey
- ‘We are going to lose these birds’: the quiet fight to save the golden-shouldered parrot
- POLL: Should the Osprey be removed from Florida's endangered list?
- Squeals of Seals
- Australian raptors start fires to flush out prey
- Eastern Gulf’s Protections from Oil Drilling Set to Expire