We have many Red-shouldered Hawks here, and I always enjoy seeing them. In Florida we get to enjoy our own variety of Red-shouldered Hawks with an overall lighter plumage than eastern and western varieties.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- ‘We are going to lose these birds’: the quiet fight to save the golden-shouldered parrot
- Red-Tailed Hawk Rescued After Being Hit by Truck
- Captive breeding helps New Zealand’s threatened black stilts take flight
- ‘Olympian’ bat killed by cat after record flight from UK to Russia
- Rule to Allow Hunting Could Doom Rare Red Wolves
- Red-billed Oxpeckers Protect Black Rhinos From Poachers (but Also Drink Their Blood)