The last of the Monarch Butterflies have flown away . . . a magical and seasonal ritual comes to an end . . . for me at least . . . until another year. Monarch migration is well under way with millions of Monarch butterflies on their way to Mexico.
Carol Duke is an artist and farmer who has worked with the land on a Western Massachusetts hillside for over thirty years. During this time her land has evolved into a diverse wildlife habitat. Carol features the flora and fauna that live and visit her farm on her website and blog http://caroldukeflowers.com As vital wildlife habitats are destroyed daily, Carol hopes to inspire others to garden for wildlife, while becoming activists for wild places the world over. Her nature photography has appeared in magazines, books and newspapers.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- Where are they now?
- Petition: Western Monarch Butterflies Near Extinction With Less than 2000 Reported in this Year’s Thanksgiving Count
- Petition: Monarch Butterfly Denied Protection by Trump Administration
- Butterfly numbers plummeting in US west as climate crisis takes toll
- Trump Administration Proposes Allowing GE Crops on Thousands of Acres of National Wildlife Refuges
- Butterfly numbers fall by 84% in Netherlands over 130 years – study