Late summer and fall are great butterfly times here in Southwest Florida. Here are some species we have seen recently….mostly in our backyard butterfly garden.
Steven Scott is a photonaturalist blogger based in Florida and Maine. He has surveyed butterflies with Earthwatch Institute in the mountains of Vietnam, tagged juvenile snook with Mote Marine Laboratory in the mangroves of Florida and filmed a BioBlitz insect survey in Acadia National Park. A registered nurse and retired Army officer, Steven believes man is an integral part of nature and travels annually to Vietnam with humanitarian medical teams from Vets With a Mission.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Butterfly numbers fall by 84% in Netherlands over 130 years – study
- Butterfly numbers plummeting in US west as climate crisis takes toll
- Petition: List Monarch Butterflies as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act
- Where are they now?
- Petition: Monarch Butterfly Denied Protection by Trump Administration
- POLL: Should this butterfly sanctuary be bulldozed to make way for Trump's border wall?