OnTuesday, I will be heading towards the amazing FIO bird Festival at Extramadura. So before Ileave, I’ve decided to check ifnight-lifearound Yotveta is showing Spring as well. I wentout with Avi Meir and found 2 beautiful Egyptian Nightjars!After an absence of a year they are back and I hope that they will stay until I am back to try and get at least a record shot of one of them. Also there was the residentPharaoh Eagle Owlwhich thanks to Avi, now we have a decent photoof it!
Itai Shanni is the coordinator of the Eilat Birding Blog, which is jointly written by the Israeli Ornithological Centre (IOC) and the International Birding and Research Centre Eilat (IBRCE). Itai is working to promote bird and wildlife conservation throughout this area. As an Israeli A licensed ringer, he also gives support for the IBRCE staff when needed. Itai has also developed a real passion for Odonata watching and spends many hot hours chasing also Dragonflies and Damselflies.
Share this post with your friends
You may also like:
- A forest gave Cambodia’s captive elephants a new life. Now they’re paying it back
- Can an animal be a person? Yes – if they are Pablo Escobar’s cocaine hippos
- Mercilessly slaughtered for their horns... even though one was just a prosthetic: Four rhinos - including a pregnant female - are killed and one fights for life after they were mutilated by poachers
- The Years of the Tiger: the demand for tigers and the price they pay
- According to a new Scottish government bill, hunters will no longer be permitted to deploy packs of dogs to flush out wild animals unless they have a license
- Feral cats are killing millions of birds each year. Should they be culled?