During the last week our members have again entered some outstanding top-ranking wildlife images for the “Best Photo of the Week” competition.
Click on the first image and then page through the slideshow. Please select the three images you like best of all and VOTE for them at the bottom of this page. Voting will remain open for 6 days after which the results will be published.
After registering your 3 votes you’ll be able to see which images our other readers have chosen. You may wish to return to this page during the week to see how the voting is proceeding. You may also leave comments at the bottom of this page if you wish.
Which 3 photos from last week did you like best of all?
- Tenderness - Mr. Bee-eater offers a wedding gift to his lady by Doina Russu (13%, 48 Votes)
- Bald Eagle stealing from Great Blue Heron by Tim Kuhn (13%, 45 Votes)
- Lion Reflection photo taken with flood light in South Africa by Bob Shepardson (13%, 45 Votes)
- Sunrise, Apalachicola River, Florida by John B. Spohrer, Jr. (10%, 36 Votes)
- Baby Cobra by Raj Dhage (7%, 25 Votes)
- Black Skimmer by John B. Spohrer, Jr. (6%, 23 Votes)
- White-legged damselfly by Tom Kruissink (6%, 21 Votes)
- Suspended Egret by Glenn Perrigo (5%, 18 Votes)
- Purple-rumped Sunbird by Clement Francis (4%, 15 Votes)
- Speckled Tanager in Costa Rica 2013 by Alex Vargas (4%, 14 Votes)
- Bee-eater by Jaya Mohan (3%, 12 Votes)
- Mother elephant and its calf feeding in Addo by Michael Persse (2%, 8 Votes)
- Painted Bunting by Joelle Budden (2%, 7 Votes)
- Capercaillie Display by Bob Falconer (2%, 6 Votes)
- Malabar Giant Squirrel by Sudip Dutta (2%, 6 Votes)
- Home with Food - Razorbill on Machias Seal Island by Nina Stavlund (1%, 5 Votes)
- White-throated Capuchin (mono cariblanco) in Costa Rica by Beatrice Bäumle (1%, 5 Votes)
- Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo sinensis) by Kai Helge Andersen (1%, 5 Votes)
- Muskrat Portrait by Dave Waddell (1%, 4 Votes)
- Green Frogs by Lenka Tomášková (1%, 3 Votes)
- Buffalo by Drew Foran (1%, 2 Votes)
- Syrische Oehoe by Jan Konter (1%, 2 Votes)
- Latin Spider by Raybel Omi (1%, 2 Votes)
- Sloth Bear by Anant (0%, 1 Votes)
- Ptarmigan in Iceland by Konrad Zeltner (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 137
Now that you’ve voted, submit your photo for:
Don’t delay! Do it today.
Conditions of Entry
1) The photo must have been taken by you, and you own the copyright.
2) The photo description must include a caption and your name.
2) Entries will be limited to one original photo per person.
4) Photos of pets, captive or domesticated animals are not allowed.
5) Photos not in accordance with conditions of entry may be excluded.
6) Winning photos will also be featured on our blog’s rotating banner.