Sparrows seem to be overlooked often as subjects, I’ve heard people call them Little Brown Birds (LBB) or Little Brown Jobs (LBJ). I try to photograph them whenever I can get close though.
This Lincoln’s Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) was photographed last month at Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, the spring green leaves in the distantbackground sure don’t compete with the subtle beauty of this sparrow.
They are well named because it seems they sing all spring and summer long in some location, I get to hear them year round in Utah.
I am away for a few days, please feel free to share this post with your friends and family. I’ll catch up on everyone’s great blogs when I get back!
Share on social media:
You may also like:
Mia McPherson is a nature lover, wildlife watcher and an avian photographer. Mia first become serious about bird photography when she moved to Florida in 2004. Her recent move to the Salt Lake area of Utah was a great opportunity to continue observing their behavior and photographing them. With so many birds species there easily accessible it wasn’t long before she was hooked. By learning more about each species, she can anticipate their behaviour and create opportunities to obtain ever better images of those species.
Top-Viewed Posts Last 30 Days
- POLL: Should buzzards be killed to protect pheasants? [1556 Views]
- POLL: Should Namibia’s cape fur seal trade be banned? [910 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [689 Views]
- Video: Great White Shark breaks into diver’s cage [689 Views]
- New Zealand kea, the world’s only alpine parrot, faces extinction [669 Views]
- China accused of defying its own ban on breeding tigers to profit from body parts [580 Views]
- POLL: Should wild animals be kept in zoos? [450 Views]
- POLL: Should all countries worldwide ban the trade in elephant ivory? [445 Views]
- POLL: Should ticket sales to cruel wildlife attractions be banned? [428 Views]
- POLL: Should the illegal trade in hornbill ivory be stopped? [427 Views]
Top-Viewed Posts Last 12 Months
- White Killer Whale Adult Spotted for First Time in Wild [41885 Views]
- POLL: Should there be a worldwide ban on fur farms? [16608 Views]
- POLL: Should the annual Canadian seal hunt be banned? [14033 Views]
- POLL: Should fur farming be banned in the European Union? [13404 Views]
- POLL: Should Congress disband Wildlife “Killing” Services? [11085 Views]
- POLL: Should driven grouse-shooting be banned? [8430 Views]
- Gray Squirrels versus Red Squirrels – The Facts [8285 Views]
- POLL: Should grouse shooting on highland estates be banned? [8281 Views]
- POLL: Should black bears be killed for Royal Guards’ fur caps? [8012 Views]
- POLL: Should China’s dog meat festival be banned? [7286 Views]