This morning I drove out to Cameron Wight Park hoping to find a Brown Pelican for my June Challenge (finding as many birds as possible in my county during the month of June). I didn’t have any luck with that, but it was fun to see this Osprey going to work on a fish. He dropped part of his meal as I was taking pictures.
Scott Simmons, based in Florida, is a lover of nature, landscape, and wildlife photography. Scott became interested in photography in 2001 when he was given his first SLR camera. When he acquired a telephoto lens, he became progressively more interested in birds and other wildlife. Scott enjoys learning about bird habitats and behavior, striving always to take images that are both beautiful and interpretive. Scott believes photography is a great vehicle to help others to appreciate the wonder for the stuff of earth.
Share this post with your friends
Join the discussion
You may also like:
- Two young ospreys were removed from their nest and euthanized so workers could replace a light in a Southern Maryland park
- POLL: Should the Osprey be removed from Florida's endangered list?
- American Wigeon at Rutland
- Wildlife officers investigating shooting of osprey near Loveland
- Four Black-throated Thrushes in Deffi Park - Jubail
- Diederick Cuckoo in Alheefah Park - Tanoumah